• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

more idiocy - kid suspended for talking about guns

MKEgal

http://pro.wmal-af.tritonflex.com/c...+Merely+TALKING+About+Guns&id=26543&is_corp=0

What did the kid say?
According to the father, the kids on the bus were talking about Sandy Hook, and:
"He said, I wish I had a gun to protect everyone. He wanted to defeat the bad guys. That's the context of what he said... He wanted to be the hero."

And once again, the minor child was questioned without parents being notified or present,
and the deputy involved wanted to search the family home w/o a warrant,
and was questioning the parents about if they have guns.

But the kid was "only" suspended for one day.
:mad:

Last edited:

papa bear

they had the father fill out a four page questioner. WTH, i would have wiped my arse with it.

doesn't this fall under the 1st amendment? i wonder how they found out about the conversation

conandan

Kids getting suspended for toy guns, for haveing a USMC shirt with a gun on it and now for talking about a gun. When the Hell is this nonsense going to stop. They violate the child's rights and the parents rights.

I am so glad my kids are not in school any more. I know I would be in jail if they pulled this crap with my boys. How much of this can parents take before they say enough.

Firearms Iinstuctor

It always amazes me that conservative freedom loving parents send their children to public schools.

I know its is the easy way out. Home schooling is lots of work, private schools cost more and we still have to pay for the public system.

This kind of stuff just shows how down graded are public schools have become.

Far gone are the days when I grew up and guns were brought to school to go hunting after school or the weekend.

Where one could have a discussion for a whole class period on what rifle and caliber were going to be used the next day as it was deer hunt opener. No ones mind was on school work anyway.

carolina guy

Good for home schooling.

Too bad that your standards are so low as to advertise such unletteredness as the misattributed misquote that has also been blamed on George Barnard Shaw, Douglas MacArthur, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., and Winston Churchill,.

(*SHRUG*) Your issue, and your lack of class.

Last edited:

eye95

I don't know who said it. However, a quick search of the Internet routinely attributes this quotation to Twain. There seems to be no sourced attribution to anyone else. So, while we cannot be sure that Twain uttered the remark or sure of the precise wording, there is equally little reason to assert that any other particular person said it.

To accost someone for attributing the quotation to Twain is ridiculously nitpicky.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"The principal told me that with what happened at Sandy Hook if you say the word 'gun' in my school you are going to get suspended for 10 days," Henkelman said in an interview with WMAL.com.

Oh, I see. So you are fine with ******* a parent off ... I'm sure that, over time, that this policy is the best at keeping kids safe. NOT.

Gun gun gun gun gun gun ... am I suspended?

joanie

Care to introduce those links? Or are we to just trust you as to their content and value? .

The first and last is alittle topic related humor, the middle one explains the biggest threat to humanity. Probibly best if you avoid all of them. I doubt very much you would see their value.

Black_water

Thankfully, our kids do not and will not have to deal with this stupidity...we home school.

Same here.

Government schools are just indoctrination centers IMO. Not enough time or effort spent on needed education and too much time spent on social engineering.

Here in AZ there is a boom in charter schools and home schooling. Even though charter schools are technically "public" they are not as bad. Public schools are closing left and right here...it's about time.