Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Play in Seattle

Open Carry Play in Seattle

http://www.paulmullin.org/just-wroug...ap-poster.html

"Event: Sandbox One-Act Play Festival

Who: Members of The Sandbox Artists Collective

When: Thursday, June 13 - Saturday, June 15 at 8pm

Where: Erickson Theatre, 1524 Harvard Avenue, Seattle, WA 98122

Tickets: Purchase them in advance at http://soapfest.brownpapertickets.com/ .
    Tickets are $15.

Parking: Across the street or at Seattle Central Community College garage for $5, one block north on Harvard

Members of The Sandbox Artists Collective are thrilled to present the Sandbox One-Act Play Festival (aka SOAP Fest), premiering new works by some of Seattle's most provocative playwrights. Innovative and inspiring, each piece is a fully realized story of approximately 20-30 minutes and packed with dramatic intensity."

“Openly We Carry”, by Stranger Genius Award-winner Paul Mullin and directed by Book-It's Annie Lareau, is an allegorical tale about an openly carrying gun community and the rise of a comely female prophet.

I wonder if you can watch the play while OC?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Interesting.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Pro or Anti?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Pro or Anti?
    Hmmm, let's see. Seattle - - home of greenie tree hugging dope smoking bunny kissing liberals. Artists Collective - - 'nuff said. I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. :-)
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Looks like no OC at the Play about OC

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    http://www.paulmullin.org/just-wroug...ap-poster.html

"I wonder if you can watch the play while OC?"
    The Erickson Theater is in a building owned and run by Seattle Community Colleges. From the Student Right-to-know/Rules page: "The possession of firearms on campus is not allowed."

http://www.sccd.ctc.edu/DISTRICT/cur...ntrulescs.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by AudieMcCall View Post
    The Erickson Theater is in a building owned and run by Seattle Community Colleges. From the Student Right-to-know/Rules page: "The possession of firearms on campus is not allowed."

http://www.sccd.ctc.edu/DISTRICT/cur...ntrulescs.aspx
    Shouldn't apply to non-students.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    Shouldn't apply to non-students.
    How come?

How come?
    Because kollidges can dictate the behavior of students/faculty/staff - they all signed a contract to abide by those rules. IIRC Washington has state preemption so lollidges cannot make up rules that effect the general public.

Unless, of course, they care located in Virginia where they can use the Administrative Code to enact regulations without needing to go through a public comment period like all the other state agencies have to go through. But those regulations can only deal with controlling carry inside the buildings. Joe Schmoe can still open carry while he walks around the campus or sits on the lawn looking at all the coeds. (Yes, he could CC as well, but what's the point and OCDO is all about OC.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    But those regulations can only deal with controlling carry inside the buildings. Joe Schmoe can still open carry while he walks around the campus or sits on the lawn looking at all the coeds. (Yes, he could CC as well, but what's the point and OCDO is all about OC.)

stay safe.
    Thanks.

What if some theater administrator, box office guru, put up some sign that said, "Firearms prohibited in the theatre." Bogus?

Thanks.

What if some theater administrator, box office guru, put up some sign that said, "Firearms prohibited in the theatre." Bogus?
    Theater on the campus open to the public again would only apply to students (it's the Student Right-to-know/Rules after all). At the local multiplex, different story. They can do what they want there because it is private property. Stupid but lawful. Not a crime or infraction to carry on those premises but if they ask you to leave (and if you are OC they will) and you don't then you are subject to arrest for trespassing.

NOTE: The Aurora, CO, shooter chose the theater he chose due to their no firearms allowed policy. There were several other theaters nearer to his home that did not have the same stupid and, in this case, tragic, rule.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA

Just say you are a part of the play, and a member of the "OC Community" being portrayed.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Just say you are a part of the play, and a member of the "OC Community" being portrayed.
    Maybe not a good idea, especially if the script calls for the member of the OC Community to get Birked.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA

Re: Open Carry Play in Seattle

Found a copy of the play.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/122360982

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Maybe not a good idea, especially if the script calls for the member of the OC Community to get Birked.

LOL...now good thing I didn't have a hot beverage in my mouth, very funny!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by kinko View Post

What the hell did I just read?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

The stupidest sh!t I have ever read . I can't believe someone would pay 15.00 to go and listen to that crappy dialogue.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

LOL! I honestly hadn't thought of that.

Theater on the campus open to the public again would only apply to students (it's the Student Right-to-know/Rules after all). At the local multiplex, different story. They can do what they want there because it is private property. Stupid but lawful. Not a crime or infraction to carry on those premises but if they ask you to leave (and if you are OC they will) and you don't then you are subject to arrest for trespassing.
    I think I get it, but doesn't the theatre company, who is renting the space, get to make rules for the space that they're renting, just as a person renting a house can decide who can come in and who can't? Man's home is his castle and all, even if he's renting it. No?

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by kinko View Post

+1, WTF?
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

stuff like this kids, is why you should "just say no" to drugs......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

stuff like this kids, is why you should "just say no" to drugs......
    Gawd, I mean gun, I mean....

EMN said it right!

All I had to do was read the synopsis at the top that said something like "in a world where guns are worshipped as god."

Not much of a point to read any further.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 06-06-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Indeed. The play was written by a man supremely convinced of his own intelligence, and unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. I submit an article written by the playwright, for your nausea.

http://www.paulmullin.org/just-wroug...r-culture.html

I'm certainly hoping he doesn't have to use his artist pencil to defend his or his families life someday.

That guy has really deep rooted problems regarding freedoms and his entitlements.
    Last edited by carracer; 06-06-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: another line

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast