• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE INDIANA EXPERIMENT vs Ky

self preservation

This is a bit dated. Aug. 30, 1998
http://gunlaws.com/indiana_experement.htm
How would you say Ky is doing with the FOIA.

Mike

I have only done one request and it was honored without question.

PS. In KY. they are know as the open records act.

Also, for us here in KY. the Freedom of information act (FOIA) is for federal request, not local government request. Some states do refer to their open records law as "FOIA", but not KY.

56brd

Davis County Kentucky, has ignored the order of the Atny. Gen. repeatedly. The City of O-boro, and the Community College
both have chosen to ignore orders to open their records. It may be before the State Supreme Court now, or the Court could have recently ruled. This has been an ongoing battle for months and months.

It seems silly as hell to me to make a law but not include a penalty if someone chooses to violate the law. The local paper is the
one asking to see the records.

Had it been an individual, unless it was a very rich individual, no one would have ever known about the denial.

ps1mhd

Davis County Kentucky, has ignored the order of the Atny. Gen. repeatedly. The City of O-boro, and the Community College
both have chosen to ignore orders to open their records. It may be before the State Supreme Court now, or the Court could have recently ruled. This has been an ongoing battle for months and months.

It seems silly as hell to me to make a law but not include a penalty if someone chooses to violate the law. The local paper is the
one asking to see the records.

Had it been an individual, unless it was a very rich individual, no one would have ever known about the denial.

What going on with the Community College?
My daughter will be teaching there this fall.

Mike

56brd

What going on with the Community College?
My daughter will be teaching there this fall.

Mike

The local paper was attempting to find something in the records about the dismissal, or resignation of one of the
administrators there. I can't remember all the details. It went on for several months. May still be undecided.

The Community College though they doesn't have to provide access to the minutes to their meetings.