• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving back to Toledo

P-51Mustang

Looks like I am moving back to Toledo (Perrysburg). so I joined this forum to see what's happening with open carry. According to the Ohio Attorney General Handbook , page 17, it is completely legal to open carry.

Anyone in the Toledo area having issues with the police while open carrying? I have seen youtube vids where the cops simply do not know this law. Why is this? Why is it up to us to educate the police?

Matt

joanie

Hi Matt, Closest I've been to Toledo was when I took a boat to Kelly's Island and while sleeping in my car on the camp grounds, I think I was getting a radio station from there. Far as "educate the police" goes, I wouldn't recomend it. For one, their not going to take your word, or look at any documents you try to show them. Heres some phrases I might use.

Am I being detained, am I under arrest, or, am I free to go?

Do you have reasonable suspistion or probable cause to stop me?

I do not consent to search and/or sesure.

Arrest me, or let me be on my way.

I do not consent to this encounter.

If I was in a very talkitive mood wit is not a good idea dealing with police, I might say,

Why is it ok for you to wear a gun, but not ok for me?

Did you swear an oath to the constitution?.

do you know what it says in thre 2ed amendment

what does it say in the 4th?

In other words, call them on their BS. But I's my guess the cops will know it's legal, they will just see what they can get you on, what they can trick you into. They love to intimadte and they feed on fear. If they can't trip you up, sooner they realize it, chances are you'll be on your way.