• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any LEOs hanging around here ?

sudden valley gunner

Technically, cops do not need to study the constitution, they will not be tasked to enforce the constitution. Their knowledge on a specific laws constitutionality is not a requirement of employment. In fact, a cop judging a law unconstitutional and thus acting on that judgement could very well end a very promising career in LE.

Well they should since many cops take an oath to the constitution (federal and state), and they being part of government are supposed to be constitutionally restricted by it.

OC for ME

Well they should since many cops take an oath to the constitution (federal and state), and they being part of government are supposed to be constitutionally restricted by it.
No arguments from on this. I merely state the current reality. If every cop took his oath seriously then the need for a OCDO would be mitigated.

OC for ME

Collective bargaining agreement(s) may amend the above to a certain extent.

Police officers take risks and suffer inconveniences to protect the lives, defend civil liberties, secure the safety of fellow citizens, and they endure such risks and tolerate such inconveniences on behalf of strangers. Consequently, police work is one of the more noble and selfless occupations in society. Making a difference in the quality of life is an opportunity that policing provides, and few other professions can offer.

http://www.theiacp.org/PoliceServic...EnforcementOathofHonor/tabid/150/Default.aspx
Whoes quality of life? There is not one single instance, that I can recall, where LE improved my quality of life. I can think of one or two instances where my quality of life has been degraded as a direct result of LE.

Firearms Iinstuctor

As a retire LEO I saw bad practices as more of a bad management and bad justice thing.

As we know open carry always has been legal in Wis. But take Milwaukee PD with the blessing of management and the
District Attorneys office. The street cops had a free hand in harassing open carriers.

If management would have stood up and said no you can't don that its legal it would have stopped. Or if the district attorney would have declined to prosecute it would have stopped.

I'll go further up the food chain to the States Attorney General or even the Governor during the Doyle rain as AG or governor if he would have stood up for what was right it would have stopped.

But very few were willing to make the stand. Even are supreme court didn't stand up and do the right thing. The then chief justice went out of her way to make sure she could limit the right even with a very strong amendment that passed with something like 79 percent of voters.

When you have the whole system backing failed policy/unconstitutional policies. It is very hard for the guy at the bottom to buck it.

I was well known in the Departments I worked in as a fundamental rights officer.
I was oath keeper long before there was a group calling themselves that.

I won several bets with fellow officers that said open carry was not legal. I told them show me the statute that makes it illegal. Of course they couldn't there was none.

Then there was the old fall back well we well just charge them with DC.

But until we had backing from the AG. Departments, officers and the courts that wanted to got away with it. A sad state of affairs.

It pains me to no end to see unconstitutional laws and practices being enforced just because from the top down they have been accepted.

A lot of people want to jump on the street cop( Yes they do have some responsibility) but remember all the governors, senators, representatives, judges, city councils members, mayors, chiefs of police that push these unconstitutional laws.

There are many from law makers, courts and every body on down the ladder that have an agenda to destroy our right to bear arms.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Beat cops tow the line because towing the line pays the rent.....oath? What oath?

LEOs, currently active LEOs, even the self described 2A supporters, don't hang around here because active LEOs like to pay the rent. So, the question that is routinely asked "So, what are you going to do about it, you being on the inside?" never receives a response.

joanie

Someone mentioned that a cop doing what they should do, what ideally they were meant to do far as protect and serve the people and follow the constitution, it could cost them their job or status in law enforcment. someone else mentioned it's more of a problem with managment. I have been saying this for a long time. This didn't happen over night, it had to build up to this. heres an example from my own YT channel.

Bad cops and worse cops, the good ones were fired
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzQ6aEwhTM

Bad cops and worse cops, the good ones were fired pt 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2unpqajKW8

Mostly I have to believe that the most brutal cops, the most corrupt, perveted, or sadistic, are the ones those in power want to see wearing thye badge. By those in power, I mean those we gave our power away to. The bankers, the UN, The Bilderberg Group who is currently meeting to discuss world policy and creating a new world order in England, the triladeral commision, CFR, and big corperations like, Monsanto, GE, Bill Gates, Rockefellers, Rothschilds... These are people who openly discuss how great it would be if we could cut down world population to less than 20 percent of current. Depopulation be softkill, (poison in our food, water and medicine) Death pannels, no one over 65, maybe 55, gets to live, and hardkill, create a disaster and do a mass mowing down. While this might seem off topic heres where I show it's not.

They need these kind of police to do what they plan. They can't do this with good cops in place, only bad and worse cops will do. They may not have cops bad enough so thats why the are forming special divisons of police, UN troops and similar. But that may not be enough, so they have drones that require little to no human interaction. I know there will be the standard tin foil comments to this reply, just keep this, what I say in the back of your mind, make a mental note of it. When this comes to pass, (hopefully it wont, I'd be glad to be wrong about this) Then at least you will somewhat prepaired, it won't take you totally by surprize.

Firearms Iinstuctor

LOL Old/senior enough to "retire" but not as management and not responsible enough to share the load! The Nuremberg Defence.[/QUOTE

You have no clue.

I'll put my defense and record of defending the 2nd up against most others.

Of course are those that have done more.

But their are more then a few people who are glad I was on the scene when They were caught breaking firearms and other weapons laws.

Nightmare have you saved some one from being arrested and going to jail. Have you stood up in front of LEOs many times and told them about the unconstitutional firearm laws.

Have you told sheriffs, police chiefs, state patrol superintendents, captains, lieutenants, sergeants, ATF/FBI and other Federal agents, DAs, ADA,AAGs, cornered anti gun politicians as a working LEO and told them that federal and state gun laws are unconstitutional.

Have you trained hundreds of LEOs, local, state and federal and told them most firearm laws are unconstitutional and that they should live up to their oath office.

Well I have I don't need, The Nuremberg Defense

I'll stand on my record any time.

Last edited:

OC for ME

LOL Old/senior enough to "retire" but not as management and not responsible enough to share the load! The Nuremberg Defence.

You have no clue.

I'll put my defense and record of defending the 2nd up against most others.

Of course are those that have done more.

But their are more then a few people who are glad I was on the scene when They were caught breaking firearms and other weapons laws.

Nightmare have you saved some one from being arrested and going to jail. Have you stood up in front of LEOs many times and told them about the unconstitutional firearm laws.

Have you told sheriffs, police chiefs, state patrol superintendents, captains, lieutenants, sergeants, ATF/FBI and other Federal agents, DAs, ADA,AAGs, cornered anti gun politicians as a working LEO and told them that federal and state gun laws are unconstitutional.

Have you trained hundreds of LEOs, local, state and federal and told them most firearm laws are unconstitutional and that they should live up to their oath office.

Well I have I don't need, The Nuremberg Defense

I'll stand on my record any time.
+1 to you Sir. I look forward to discovering active duty LEOs with your perspective and common sense approach to LE.

FreeInAZ

Well I personally believe we are headed towards a tipping point where the public will begin to disavow themselves from the police. I know some really good people by the normal definitition that are or were cops. They all admit to going along to get along. I asked them what would they think of me if I knew my co-worker & boss at work were stealing from the retirement fund, but chose to say nothing because it could hurt my career? Answer: well that would make you guilty of aiding in a criminal enterprise. My response - exactly my point....

We have generations now of "LE" who have lost sight of their real titles, and responsibilities & that is: "Peace" officers. Until we as citizens demand police reform/accountability things will only get worse, not better. We as a nation have been lulled into thinking the police have the power. That power came from us, and we can see to it that it is taken away from those who abuse it too... if we truly wanted to. Wonder what would happen if everyone stopped paying taxes to cities, states & the feds? You think they would opt for reform then? Or call in the army to arrest us all?? There's not enough prison space now... ;)

Firearms Iinstuctor

Your record here is of making management culpable for the failings of policing while denying your responsibility though senior enough to retire. You is or your isn't. What you did personally is not an issue any more than what I did and do as a citizen on the wrong side of the band-of-blue.

I am pleased that the PD with which I was involved can stand comparison with any of the best for its enlightened management and command style that informs even the trainees and CSO's.

What are you ranting about denying my responsibility stop blowing smoke

It very important what each and every one of us do or has done to fight is crap.

What PD are you associated and how are involved with it.

Put some facts out not just some internet BS.

Firearms Iinstuctor

So

Again I ask you what have you done

What PD are you associated with and in what capacity.

You are trying to associate me with Milw PD Never worked for them never trained them.

They are just one example of a Law enforcement agency that the trouble begins from the top.

sudden valley gunner

When the law makers, the judges fail to up hold there oath of office and fail to follow the constitution, and pass unconstitutional laws,

The rest of society has a hard time obeying the constitution because the standard has been set so low.

Gotcha, thank you.

I do believe it is very hypocritical for the government to not follow the law that restricts it while insisting/punishing us for every infringement.

I also believe the rule of law applies to government and that we the free people are not to be restricted as much as possible by law.