Thread: Delay!!!

Delay!!!

Well, it looks like the 7th Circuit has issued a 30-day extension of its stay on its December ruling.

It will be interesting to see what happens now. Personally, I have to wonder if Illinois is planning to gamble. More specifically, it would not surprise me if Gov. Quinn vetoes the law; and Madigan appeals their decision to the U.S. Supreme Court.

At any rate, it looks like we will have to wait at least another 30 days to find out what is going to happen in Illinois with regards to public carrying of a firearm.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...210183251.html
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar24Glock View Post
    Well, it looks like the 7th Circuit has issued a 30-day extension of its stay on its December ruling.

It will be interesting to see what happens now. Personally, I have to wonder if Illinois is planning to gamble. More specifically, it would not surprise me if Gov. Quinn vetoes the law; and Madigan appeals their decision to the U.S. Supreme Court.

At any rate, it looks like we will have to wait at least another 30 days to find out what is going to happen in Illinois with regards to public carrying of a firearm.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...210183251.html
    And, it looks like there's another delay. This time, it involves the length of time Madigan gets to decide on whether to appeal the 7th Circuit's decision.

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x871007...#axzz2WekvpNXV
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar24Glock View Post
    And, it looks like there's another delay. This time, it involves the length of time Madigan gets to decide on whether to appeal the 7th Circuit's decision.

http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x871007...#axzz2WekvpNXV
    For some reason I can't get it to come up in my browser, I will have to try later. Looks like the state intends to appeal, which would indicate Quinn is going to veto the bill. This may be a good thing, if SCOTUS backs up the 7th.

Or it could be blow for concealed carry only fans, which the way I think SCOTUS will rule. I believe they will rule that concealed carry with a permit is a privilege overturning the 7ths ruling. And if they do when will the conceal numpties get that permits are not rights. When will they learn to argue the right to bear arms, instead of the privilege for a few.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 06-19-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Pleeeese appeal .... I know many in ILL are anxious to get their permits or ability to carry ...