• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oath honoring sheriff arrested

77zach

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Liberty-County-Sheriffs-Office--210152161.html

Surely there is more to this story. LEO officials this high do what want, when they want, to whomever they want and usually get away with it for a long time.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's true in this case because the sheriff is actually promoting the freedom and welfare of his county instead of harassing and collecting. By my limited research, gov Scott could encourage the state to take a fall in Norman v. Florida and doesn't care at all. He is doing nothing to reign in his brown shirted and mathematically challenged commissarina, Pam Bondi, so this is consistent with his track record so far on gun rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidmcbeth

Banned
UPDATED 7:20pm
by Julie Montanaro

Sheriff Nick Finch has declined to comment on his arrest. His attorney, Jimmy Judkins, released the following statement:

"The records at the jail show exactly what happened in this case and the records speak the truth. The sheriff looked at the facts and said 'I believe in the second ammendment and we're not going to charge him.' That is not misconduct at all. That is within the Sheriff's perogative whether to charge someone or not."

******************************************************above from link

I think its fine he releases a guy ... if he can then toss records relating to the arrest? People might complain the citizen would lose records that could aid him in a 42 usc 1983 suit ...

Still thinking about this one...

seminoles1999

[video=youtube;0prgiFh8K2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prgiFh8K2M[/video]

Source: Constitutional Attorney (KrissAnne Hall) Youtube

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Support for Liberty County Sheriff Nick Finch - Facebook Site

https://www.facebook.com/SupportForLibertyCountySheriffNickFinch

------------------------------------------------------------------

The New American Article - June 07

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...places-sheriff-for-upholding-second-amendment

Last edited:

joanie

He was arrested for fudging records, he used the 2ed amendment as an excuse. If he was really for that right, then why was the person arrested in the first place? I fully support his arrest and hope he is convicted. This should serve as an example to any sheriff or police who falseifys reports with lies.

They should arrest at least half of the Franklin county sheriffs and city police, and I would gladly take a polygraph (lie detector test) to aid in their conviction. They as well, have lied and falsifyed reports regaurding me.

77zach

I have no problem with him falsifying records for arrests that are immoral and/or unconstitutional. That said, I would instruct my deputies not to detain or arrest anyone peacefully carrying weapons.

WalkingWolf

I have no problem with him falsifying records for arrests that are immoral and/or unconstitutional. That said, I would instruct my deputies not to detain or arrest anyone peacefully carrying weapons.

I get the feeling there is bad blood between the deputy, and the suspended sheriff, or he would not have stirred the pot with the state.

We-the-People

So typical of the state, they try to "disposition" the case by filing charges then offering a plea to avoid court.......and in a case like this I have to believe it's because they think they're on shaky (at best) ground.

If the sheriff was truly doing the right thing he needs to hold them accountable and demand his trial! If he takes ANY plea at all the state will spin it to "we got the bad guy".

notalawyer

So typical of the state, they try to "disposition" the case by filing charges then offering a plea to avoid court.......and in a case like this I have to believe it's because they think they're on shaky (at best) ground.

If the sheriff was truly doing the right thing he needs to hold them accountable and demand his trial! If he takes ANY plea at all the state will spin it to "we got the bad guy".

Have you seen any of the evidence in this case? Statements from multiple SO employees documenting the Sheriff's alleged illegal activity. Unless they are all lying under oath, it looks bad for the Sheriff.

We-the-People

Have you seen any of the evidence in this case? Statements from multiple SO employees documenting the Sheriff's alleged illegal activity. Unless they are all lying under oath, it looks bad for the Sheriff.

Evidence can be manufactured and is quite often manufactured in corrupt bureaucracies. Considering that the man (Sheriff Finch) is standing on his principles and was upholding the Constitution, I would put far more credence into his statements than any manufactured evidence.....particularly at this point where "evidence" need not meet the rule of law but only promote the spin being put on the story by those who want to oust the Sheriff.

Here's a short quote of the Sheriff post arrest, during an interview:

"TNA: What can you tell me about the man, Floyd Eugene Parrish, that you released from the holding cell?

Sheriff: I didn’t know him before I saw him in the jail that day. I know a member of his family, but not well. When I ordered him released from the holding cell I say that he has a right to carry a gun under the Second Amendment, and so I let him go.

TNA: What prompted you to take that step?

Sheriff: My beliefs and my stand on the Second Amendment.

TNA: Going forward, is there a time you might give up this case?

Sheriff: Never! I will take this case all the way to the Supreme Court."

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-co-sheriff-nick-finch-i-will-never-back-down

FURTHER: Here is the affidavit supporting the arrest warrant. If you read it, you'll notice a LOT of people quoted the Sheriff as saying "I support the second amendment".

The last paragraph of the affidavit reads:

"Based upon the aforementioned information, your affiant has probable cause to believe that Sheriff Finch did violate Florida Statute 838.022, Official Misconduct by concealing, by covering up, destroying, mutilating, or altering the official arrest record or official document of Floyd Parrish or causing another person to perform such an act, with the corrupt intent to obtain a benefit for another person."

Here's the affidavit:
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Nicholas+Finch+Arrest+Warrant.pdf

And Florida Statute 838.022 reads (in pertinent part....the very first part)

"(1) It is unlawful for a public servant, with corrupt intent to obtain a benefit for any person or to cause harm to another, to:"

Statute: http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/florida/statutes/florida_statutes_838-022

As the Sheriff's stated intent was that he believes in and will defend the Second Amendment, AND that the affidavit supporting his arrest lists multiple "witnesses" as giving statements that that is why he was releasing the arrested individual, there is no "Corrupt intent" and therefore no probable cause let alone evidence to support an arrest and conviction under 838.022. Then again, Holder and other corrupt members of the "justice" system don't particularly care about the law, only advancing their political agenda.

From everything I've seen, heard, and read, the Sheriff is RIGHT and should persevere!!!!

notalawyer

Evidence can be manufactured and is quite often manufactured in corrupt bureaucracies. Considering that the man (Sheriff Finch) is standing on his principles and was upholding the Constitution, I would put far more credence into his statements than any manufactured evidence.....particularly at this point where "evidence" need not meet the rule of law but only promote the spin being put on the story by those who want to oust the Sheriff.

Here's a short quote of the Sheriff post arrest, during an interview:

"TNA: What can you tell me about the man, Floyd Eugene Parrish, that you released from the holding cell?

Sheriff: I didn’t know him before I saw him in the jail that day. I know a member of his family, but not well. When I ordered him released from the holding cell I say that he has a right to carry a gun under the Second Amendment, and so I let him go.

TNA: What prompted you to take that step?

Sheriff: My beliefs and my stand on the Second Amendment.

TNA: Going forward, is there a time you might give up this case?

Sheriff: Never! I will take this case all the way to the Supreme Court."

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-co-sheriff-nick-finch-i-will-never-back-down

FURTHER: Here is the affidavit supporting the arrest warrant. If you read it, you'll notice a LOT of people quoted the Sheriff as saying "I support the second amendment".

The last paragraph of the affidavit reads:

"Based upon the aforementioned information, your affiant has probable cause to believe that Sheriff Finch did violate Florida Statute 838.022, Official Misconduct by concealing, by covering up, destroying, mutilating, or altering the official arrest record or official document of Floyd Parrish or causing another person to perform such an act, with the corrupt intent to obtain a benefit for another person."

Here's the affidavit:
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Nicholas+Finch+Arrest+Warrant.pdf

And Florida Statute 838.022 reads (in pertinent part....the very first part)

"(1) It is unlawful for a public servant, with corrupt intent to obtain a benefit for any person or to cause harm to another, to:"

Statute: http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/florida/statutes/florida_statutes_838-022

As the Sheriff's stated intent was that he believes in and will defend the Second Amendment, AND that the affidavit supporting his arrest lists multiple "witnesses" as giving statements that that is why he was releasing the arrested individual, there is no "Corrupt intent" and therefore no probable cause let alone evidence to support an arrest and conviction under 838.022. Then again, Holder and other corrupt members of the "justice" system don't particularly care about the law, only advancing their political agenda.

From everything I've seen, heard, and read, the Sheriff is RIGHT and should persevere!!!!

The Sheriff gets to decide what laws to follow and which ones to violate just as we all do. Destroying evidence, if that is what happened, can never be supported by a belief in the Second Amendment. Once an arrest is made, and the facts show this was the case, the Sheriff has no legal authority to alter evidence of that arrest, period.

If the Sheriff had such a powerful belief in the Second Amendment then he should have instructed his deputies not to make any arrest for gun possession. That would have been legal discretion on his part. Attempting to cover up the arrest after the fact by destroying evidence is illegal, period. It does not matter why.

"Based upon the aforementioned information, your affiant has probable cause to believe that Sheriff Finch did violate Florida Statute 838.022, Official Misconduct by concealing, by covering up, destroying, mutilating, or altering the official arrest record or official document of Floyd Parrish or causing another person to perform such an act, with the corrupt intent to obtain a benefit for another person.

Black's Law Dictionary: Corrupt Intent means doing something with the full knowledge that it is illegal.

So it is alleged that the Sheriff had full knowledge that it was illegal to destroy/alter evidence and he did it to obtain a benefit of another person.

Based on the facts released so far, I support his arrest and removal from office. IF proven in a court of law, he needs to spend some time in prison.