Thread: House votes to limit Homeland Security’s gun ammunition buys, was planning to buy 750

House votes to limit Homeland Security’s gun ammunition buys, was planning to buy 750

"The measure — a proposal to amend the DHS spending bill — came by way of Republican Rep. Mark Meadows and passed 234-192. The amendment prohibits taxpayer dollars from being sent to DHS for ammunition buys unless the agency first sends a report to Congress detailing its previous like purchases."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...gun-ammunitio/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I am glad that .gov now has to live with the same rules it thinks I need to live with. We have to listen to Pelosi and her ilk go on about citizens having too much ammo etc. What people like her fail to comprehend is that some people shoot for fun and we also like to save money buying in bulk.

If I can't buy in bulk because it means "I am up to something", then I guess .gov can't do it either.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post
    I am glad that .gov now has to live with the same rules it thinks I need to live with. We have to listen to Pelosi and her ilk go on about citizens having too much ammo etc. What people like her fail to comprehend is that some people shoot for fun and we also like to save money buying in bulk.

If I can't buy in bulk because it means "I am up to something", then I guess .gov can't do it either.
    Not true, at least not yet. The House of Representatives passed the amendment to the DHS spending bill. They haven't voted on the entire bill yet (to my knowledge), nor has the Senate had an opportunity to vote on it yet, so this is NOT a done deal.

The DHS funding, like all appropriations bills, must originate in the House - and being controlled by Republicans, it will probably pass with this amendment intact. But the Democratically-controlled Senate could vote it down, or the amendment's language could be removed in a conference committee while negotiating differences between the versions of the bill passed by the House and Senate.

I don't know how likely that is, or whether the Senate will roll over and allow that language to remain in the bill (Dems? I doubt it...) But the point is, this is not law yet - all that passed so far was the amendment to the bill, not the bill itself.
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_water View Post

You dont need bulk ammo to kill a deer!!!! make no mistake, the Gov knows that they cant shove all their BS down our throats if we have a means to defend ourselves. That is what scares them and I am damn glad to be a part of that. The left has been ruining this country for years and now they are in the drivers seat, what better way to "change" things to their advantage than to slowly disarm us or regulate our ammo. Pelosi, bloomberg, obama ect. all tyrants.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    You dont need bulk ammo to kill a deer!!!! make no mistake, the Gov knows that they cant shove all their BS down our throats if we have a means to defend ourselves. That is what scares them and I am damn glad to be a part of that. The left has been ruining this country for years and now they are in the drivers seat, what better way to "change" things to their advantage than to slowly disarm us or regulate our ammo. Pelosi, bloomberg, obama ect. all tyrants.

Why do you not need "bulk" ammo? Bulk ammo allows more people to be able to hunt because its far cheaper to shoot a $0.50 round than a $1.50 round. And there really is not that much difference between a "bulk" round and a non-bulk round.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    You dont need bulk ammo to kill a deer!!!! .
    I like to make them dance first ....