• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Open Carry Groups in Lacey, Oly, Yelm, Tumwater area?

islandal72

New to this forum.

Looking for Open Carry, 2nd Amend group, and/or Shooting group in the area.
For purpose of "Restoring, Educating, and Defending"

Time and place for Group meeting, if open to new member?

v/r

Al

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Welcome aboard OCDO! There are no "official" groups/clubs, but we do have get togethers usually at least once a month. If you want to have a get together just post a date, time, and location. Don't just post an open "when does everybody want to meet?", because you will get 100 different answers. Matter of fact, we haven't had one down here in a while. So for a practice I will post a meet n greet.

Sunday June 9th 10am till about noon.
Martin Way Station Starbucks
4250 Martin Way
Not the one in Safeway, but the stand alone on Martin.
This is not a test, but an actual alert for guns and coffee!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=4250+Martin+Way&ie=UTF-8&ei=R76wUaHvDILFigLy5oGgAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

If you are real ambitious there is another one on Saturday up in Federal Way (see sticky)

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

AND do not forget the OC picnic July 15 in Port Orchard, where there is on occasion a gun give away....
(See South Kitsap Anniversary in the stickies)

Schlepnier

Welcome aboard OCDO! There are no "official" groups/clubs, but we do have get togethers usually at least once a month. If you want to have a get together just post a date, time, and location. Don't just post an open "when does everybody want to meet?", because you will get 100 different answers. Matter of fact, we haven't had one down here in a while. So for a practice I will post a meet n greet.

Sunday June 9th 10am till about noon.
Martin Way Station Starbucks
4250 Martin Way
Not the one in Safeway, but the stand alone on Martin.
This is not a test, but an actual alert for guns and coffee!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=4250+Martin+Way&ie=UTF-8&ei=R76wUaHvDILFigLy5oGgAw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

If you are real ambitious there is another one on Saturday up in Federal Way (see sticky)

We didn't have one last month because of all the other activities scheduled. i'm hoping we can start doing our meetups at Tumwater historical park at the old brewery in the form of picnics since the weather is getting better.

P.S. 10AM is way to way to early for us nightowls, that's why I always schedule it from 2pm on.

badkarma

Make sure to check out www.waguns.org for shoots in the area. They have teamed up with OCDO many times in the past and support safe shooting in Washington. They have many members In your area.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
We didn't have one last month because of all the other activities scheduled. i'm hoping we can start doing our meetups at Tumwater historical park at the old brewery in the form of picnics since the weather is getting better.

P.S. 10AM is way to way to early for us nightowls, that's why I always schedule it from 2pm on.
Sorry Schlep, I have to be at work in Centrailia at noon.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Good to meet you today island. Once you get your holster, I look forward to checking out the AR 24 pistol. Keep checking back for more meet-ups.