• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tennessee gun laws

56brd

Good morning:

I am going to be traveling into Tennessee Sat. I will be traveling at night. I am getting on in years and I just don't feel
comfortable on the road without some protection. I do not have a concealed weapons permit for Ky. Where I live I am
comfortable carrying openly.

I have searched this site, but I can't find an answer to my problem. If I carry a weapon in my locked glove box, will I be
legal in the state of Tennessee, or will I be in deep trouble should I get caught?

Last edited:

Midwest

Good morning:

I am going to be traveling into Tennessee Sat. I will be traveling at night. I am getting on in years and I just don't feel
comfortable on the road without some protection. I do not have a concealed weapons permit for Ky. Where I live I am

I have searched this site, but I can't find an answer to my problem. If I carry a weapon in my locked glove box, will I be
legal in the state of Tennessee, or will I be in deep trouble should I get caught?

Don't carry in Tennessee without a permit............

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf

Open Carry is only legal for those with a valid permit/license to carry a concealed firearm. Carry in a vehicle in Tennessee requires a valid permit/license to carry.

saiga12boy

Good morning:

You would probably be in trouble if you got caught. Though it is unlikely that you will be caught.

56brd

Sorry I posted wrongly. I will delete the post.

I was afraid of the answer I was going to get.
but at least I got it. Thanks for the advice.