• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Survey show Grand Rapids students uneducated on guns and gun violence.

bigt8261

Sheldon

Fix it...
Advertise free Student day at the range...
One kid per instructor, all get to watch, .22 lr single shot, 30 min max per kid...
more if there is not a big crowd...

FreeInAZ

Great idea! You know the sad part? Many Highschools across the United States used to have shooting teams years ago, hell it was not uncommon in rual communities to see pick-ups parked in highschool lots with long guns hanging in a window rack? No body got killed.... go figure...:rolleyes: Conditioning works! Soon there will be no history or poli-sci taught either, costituion, who needs to know about that? Pink Floyd was on to something...schools today are just another brick in the wall to prohibit freedom "thought". Hell our current leader was a Constitutional law professor! See what a teacher can do for "the children". :rolleyes:
Autosurgeon - excluded ;)
[video=youtube;xpxd3pZAVHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpxd3pZAVHI[/video]

Last edited:

bigt8261

As it turns out, this survey may be more ammo for us than him. Question 16 asked "What do you think contributes to gun violence? Check all that apply. The very first option was "Availability of Guns". It was basically a layup to select this option, however, the report listed the top 3 selected options as Gangs (19%); 2).Drugs (17%); 3.) Mental Illness (15%). The report did not list the percentage of respondents that selected the first option "Availability of Guns", but it is reasonable to infer that this number was lest than 15% and likely low enough to cause the number to not be mentioned in the report.

So apparently, they couldn't even get a group of misinformed kids to say that availability of guns is an issue. That sounds like a win for us.

There's more. The report has a list of "Teen Recommendations to Decrease the Sale of Illegal Firearms". When you go through the list and cross out anything that is already law, illegal, or not applicable, what you are left with are items that I pushed to the mayor. So what did the survey say ... listen to me! HA!

Sheldon

GR is over an hour n a half away but if one of you locals want to do this, I will start it off with a donation of some .22 ammo.
The how much depends on the where, when and how many kids you can sign up...
Oh and you have to make it PUBLIC for the PR I want to see this in the news... :D