Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Moscow Mayor

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096

    Moscow Mayor

    Is a member of Bloombergs Anti 2A team!

    http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns..../members.shtml

    Scroll down to Idaho.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    44

    Re: Moscow Mayor

    I guess Mayor Nancy J. Chaney needs to be removed from office next election. Idaho doesn't need a single mayor on that list.

    Is Moscow liberal leaning? I'm new to Idaho and I'm on the opposite side of the state so I don't know.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Provo, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaBK View Post
    Is Moscow liberal leaning? I'm new to Idaho and I'm on the opposite side of the state so I don't know.
    As an Idaho native, we used to say there is good reason it is named Moscow.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    44

    Re: Moscow Mayor

    Quote Originally Posted by rpyne View Post
    As an Idaho native, we used to say there is good reason it is named Moscow.
    How unfortunate.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by VanillaBK; 06-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaBK View Post
    I guess Mayor Nancy J. Chaney needs to be removed from office next election. Idaho doesn't need a single mayor on that list.

    Is Moscow liberal leaning? I'm new to Idaho and I'm on the opposite side of the state so I don't know.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    The University of Idaho is in Moscow, need I say more?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    The University of Idaho is in Moscow, need I say more?
    It's true. We are an extremely well-educated town, and educated people tend to be a little more liberal. We do lots of dirty liberal things, too, like go to farmer's markets, shop locally, celebrate art, and host equal rights rallies.

    Mayor Chaney is fine, and I think she's a good person, despite being something other than rabidly pro-gun. For what it's worth, the Sheriff is very pro gun, and the MPD are all very pleasant. Open carry and concealed carry are safe in Idaho, even in Москве.

    Cheers,
    Lew

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096
    Glad to hear you have some balance there.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lewiston, ID - Charlotte,NC, ,
    Posts
    79

    Response from a very pro-gun person who lived there for 6 years

    Lew,

    This is coming from a former students perspective but I would not say the citizens of Moscow are highly educated it is a highly academic environment but not always highly educated. As for the other things you mentioned I love the farmers market and I supported all the equality rallies, some of the art I don't get but I am not necessarily against it(not really sure what the giant water drop thing is just south of gritman medical center). The way you stated it came off like saying people who OC or carry in general are uneducated. I don't believe that was your intention but that is how it came off and convinced me to add to this thread which I have honestly been avoiding because the so called public servants of Moscow piss me off.

    Everything else,

    As for the Mayor I had several discussions with her and I can say she is rabidly anti-gun she tried to get a firearms ban on all city property for heavens sake(http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1874861/posts). Then when she found out she couldn't she petitioned the legislator to give her the power(http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-319913.html).

    We also had a pro gun rally there last winter because the MPD chief wrote a memo stating what he thought would improve public safety including background checks on private sales, a high capacity magazine ban and assault weapons ban, which then turned into a letter from the Mayor and city council to the legislator asking for the same thing she even got the head of the Moscow republican party Walter Steed to sign the darn thing(which is the person we picketed)(http://www.uiargonaut.com/2013/01/28...nation-moscow/). (http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/i...daho_demo.html)

    I have also had numerous run ins with Moscow PD and never had a good experience from the lack of knowledge of the law(threatened to throw me in jail for OCing on main street) to just general disrespect and unprofessional conduct. Now I do know there are a few good MPD officers but there are some real bad ones also. You can also see most of the anti-gun (so called) solutions came from the MPD chief, David Duke.

    Now for the sheriff Wayne Rausch he is very pro-gun and a really nice guy but he was supposed to be our key note speaker a few years back for Students for Concealed Carry on Campus and then failed to show up and never did give an explanation why. His deputies that I have dealt with have always been very professional and knew the laws(firearm and otherwise). Overall the Latah County Sheriffs office is top notch.

    Luckily we have some very vocal supporters of the 2nd amendment in the town including Jeff Williams the head of the Palouse Militia(being a militia leader gives him a bad rap but he isn't one of those tinfoil hat overthrow the gov nutjobs) and Jefferson Griffith who is a local attorney who I went to school with and and just started his own firm to defend the Civil rights of Idaho citizens, he also organized the Walter Steed protest the above link gave the credit to Williams but I was there and Jefferson set it in motion Williams just happen to show up.
    Last edited by Louie86; 06-27-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fix link

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    The University of Idaho is in Moscow, need I say more?
    university cities are almost always liberal.

  10. #10
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    It's true. We are an extremely well-educated town, and educated people tend to be a little more liberal. We do lots of dirty liberal things, too, like go to farmer's markets, shop locally, celebrate art, and host equal rights rallies.

    Mayor Chaney is fine, and I think she's a good person, despite being something other than rabidly pro-gun. For what it's worth, the Sheriff is very pro gun, and the MPD are all very pleasant. Open carry and concealed carry are safe in Idaho, even in Москве.

    Cheers,
    Lew
    Educated sheep get eaten also. If liberals are so smart why are most liberal states in the toilet? Why are all those liberals from Kalifornia moving to Idaho, Montana, and other states if they had such an utopia?

    she might be a fine person but she doesn't represent Idaho being on the list, she apparently doesn't represent the MPD and the Sheriff according to you.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Well, if they Mayor of Moscow think this way..it makes all the difference in the world.

    Wait, who?

    Nobody cares what the mayor thinks other than the mayor's dog.

  12. #12
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well, if they Mayor of Moscow think this way..it makes all the difference in the world.

    Wait, who?

    Nobody cares what the mayor thinks other than the mayor's dog.
    A virus can spread in the right enviorment; and the enviorment of people that will believe a person just because they appear to hold authority and/or looking out for their best interest is the enviorment one person or group of people look for as to rule over them.

    So besides her dog people care.

    Stupid people care and follow her....

    Free thinkers care as to the growing numbers of stupid people willing to follow her. California didn't get screwed up over night but the fact people like Pelosi keeps getting elected shows you what happens when stupid people are in the majority.

    It starts in one town, then one county, then the state......once you get enough states you will get full blown socialism and be an unarmed surf to the govement.

  13. #13
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Spokane is also a University town..actually more than one university. However, they also know how to replace a mayor that signs up with bloomers for a campaign contribution.

    As for educated people being liberal...libertarian maybe. I have an MBA, our oldest daughter a masters in Nursing, her husband is working on his PhD in GIS, Youngest daughter has a BS from WSU animal science and a BA in fine art. (both done in one 4 year period, and a Magna Cum Laude graduate too.) Her husband has a MSCS, his dad had a D.Th, as did my dad. Not a liberal in the bunch, all are libertarian or libertarian leaning Republican, No "progressives" around this family.

    And, oh yes, all own/owned firearms (My dad died in 1988)
    Last edited by hermannr; 09-11-2013 at 12:34 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Spokane is also a University town..actually more than one university. However, they also know how to replace a mayor that signs up with bloomers for a campaign contribution.

    As for educated people being liberal...libertarian maybe. I have an MBA, our oldest daughter a masters in Nursing, her husband is working on his PhD in GIS, Youngest daughter has a BS from WSU animal science and a BA in fine art. (both done in one 4 year period, and a Magna Cum Laude graduate too.) Her husband has a MSCS, his dad had a D.Th, as did my dad. Not a liberal in the bunch, all are libertarian or libertarian leaning Republican, No "progressives" around this family.

    And, oh yes, all own/owned firearms (My dad died in 1988)
    Yes but your family is one of the exceptions to the rule. A lot is where you are located also. My wife is from Spokane and unlike the other side of Washington is very conservative. The problem is the other side also out numbers the East side of the state. This is why people in Spokane are being taxed for the new Sea Hawk stadium but a lot of people I know in Spokane are actually Denver fans. The West side of the state controls the east side when it comes to voting.

    I went to Boise State, Wife started at Wassooo but I converted her to BSU. A few of my co-workers are from Spokane, and one did her under grad as a Bulldog then her Medical School as a Husky....I call her a mutt....lol.

  15. #15
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Yes but your family is one of the exceptions to the rule. A lot is where you are located also. My wife is from Spokane and unlike the other side of Washington is very conservative. The problem is the other side also out numbers the East side of the state. This is why people in Spokane are being taxed for the new Sea Hawk stadium but a lot of people I know in Spokane are actually Denver fans. The West side of the state controls the east side when it comes to voting.

    I went to Boise State, Wife started at Wassooo but I converted her to BSU. A few of my co-workers are from Spokane, and one did her under grad as a Bulldog then her Medical School as a Husky....I call her a mutt....lol.
    I went to College in Alberta but did not graduate, left for the greener pastures of, and the all expense paid holiday to Vietnam instead (army). Also got a tour of Germany and several different states. (I was born in Canada, Naturalized after return from Vietnam.)

    Transfered the credits I could to Skagit Valley College after I got out, then UW and City University (Seattle) for my BS and MBA. Couldn't wait to retire and get over to the dry side permanently. We have lived on the dry side almost 9 years now

  16. #16
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    I went to College in Alberta but did not graduate, left for the greener pastures of, and the all expense paid holiday to Vietnam instead (army). Also got a tour of Germany and several different states. (I was born in Canada, Naturalized after return from Vietnam.)

    Transfered the credits I could to Skagit Valley College after I got out, then UW and City University (Seattle) for my BS and MBA. Couldn't wait to retire and get over to the dry side permanently. We have lived on the dry side almost 9 years now
    Nice,

    Thanks for your service also.

    I was stationed:

    March AFB, CA 1985-89
    RAF Upper Heyford, England 1989-1991 (spent 4 months in Iraq in 1991)
    Fairchild AFB, WA 1991-1997
    Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany 1997-2003(spent about 2 years deployed for Bosnia in 1999 and Afghanistan in 2003)
    Mountain Home AFB, ID 2003-2007 (had some more fun in 2004 for Operation Noble Eagle (ONE), and back to Iraq 2005, ONE again 2006) I was with a combat unit and not working in the hospital from 2003-2007.

    They were going to send me back to Afghanistan in 2007 so I decided to retire instead, my fun meter was pegged.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boise, ID, ,
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Nice,

    Thanks for your service also.

    I was stationed:

    March AFB, CA 1985-89
    RAF Upper Heyford, England 1989-1991 (spent 4 months in Iraq in 1991)
    Fairchild AFB, WA 1991-1997
    Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany 1997-2003(spent about 2 years deployed for Bosnia in 1999 and Afghanistan in 2003)
    Mountain Home AFB, ID 2003-2007 (had some more fun in 2004 for Operation Noble Eagle (ONE), and back to Iraq 2005, ONE again 2006) I was with a combat unit and not working in the hospital from 2003-2007.

    They were going to send me back to Afghanistan in 2007 so I decided to retire instead, my fun meter was pegged.
    Hey DocWalker - looks like we have a couple similar stations. I was at Mtn Home from 82-85, then RAF Upper Heyford from 85-88, then back to Mtn Home 88-92. Got out after that. Worked maintenance for F-111s.

    Went back to England as a tourist in 2004, and was able to show my oldest where we lived when he was born. Have a photo of him holding his mom on the grassy berm outside the fence surrounding the old hospital.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •