Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Bloomberg launching anti-gun bus tour

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    UPDATE! BLOOMY anti-gun bus tour skips NW!?!

    Bloomy bus tour itinerary posted; Northwest gets a pass

    Pacific Northwest gun rights activists can get out the crying towels because it does not appear that Washington, Oregon or Idaho are on the 25-state, 100-day itinerary for the “No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence” bus tour launched today by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/bloo...st-gets-a-pass

    Earlier:

    Big bucks bus tour launched by billionaire Bloomberg

    http://www.examiner.com/article/big-...id=db_articles


    It's not clear yet whether Bloomy is bringing his tour to Washington, but I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption.

    The anti-gun initiative effort that kicked off in Seattle last week is his kind of thing.
    Last edited by Dave Workman; 06-14-2013 at 02:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    <insert short bus joke here>
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  3. #3
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    <insert short bus joke here>
    LOl.....now that was funny!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate and not welcome here
    Last edited by John Pierce; 06-07-2013 at 11:39 AM.

  5. #5
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    LOl.....now that was funny!
    Yes, it WAS and still IS FUNNY!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Yes, it WAS and still IS FUNNY!
    You right it is I laughed again....

    And it would be fun to have an OC event(s) if and when it comes near.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member leitung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    You right it is I laughed again....

    And it would be fun to have an OC event(s) if and when it comes near.
    I am in for a protest of wherever he will be. Will be checking back. I will be sure to OC while drinking a 2 ltr. of coke.
    Last edited by leitung; 06-07-2013 at 12:21 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by leitung View Post
    I am in for a protest of wherever he will be. Will be checking back. I will be sure to OC while drinking a 2 ltr. of coke.
    Great Idea and something with trans fat in it too......oh but wait we must be criminals for thinking his laws shouldn't apply to us.....lol.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Great Idea and something with trans fat in it too......oh but wait we must be criminals for thinking his laws shouldn't apply to us.....lol.

    Is bloomie himself coming on the tour? If he were there is nothing I'd like to do more to greet him then with free fatty food from Dicks drive in and Paos donuts from Tacoma. Make him have to walk by us and offer him all this food while open carryin. Of course he ll refuse so we can just eat it all. But still
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Is bloomie himself coming on the tour? If he were there is nothing I'd like to do more to greet him then with free fatty food from Dicks drive in and Paos donuts from Tacoma. Make him have to walk by us and offer him all this food while open carryin. Of course he ll refuse so we can just eat it all. But still
    Probably not, but wouldn't that be great! You ever see the video of the guy in DC asking him if was going to get rid of his armed guards and then offered him a soda? Funny.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Probably not, but wouldn't that be great! You ever see the video of the guy in DC asking him if was going to get rid of his armed guards and then offered him a soda? Funny.
    What I think is great is when Bloomberg goes to Bermuda he uses his influence to allow his NYPD executive protection guards to carry guns while there, even though most police officers in Bermuda don't even carry guns. In effect he goes to gun free countries where the level of violence is so low that cops don't even have firearms and yet he needs his armed to the teeth security detail....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran ak56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carnation, Washington, USA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Is bloomie himself coming on the tour? ...
    Bloomberg? Ride a BUS? He would never stoop that low.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.


    Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    What I think is great is when Bloomberg goes to Bermuda he uses his influence to allow his NYPD executive protection guards to carry guns while there, even though most police officers in Bermuda don't even carry guns. In effect he goes to gun free countries where the level of violence is so low that cops don't even have firearms and yet he needs his armed to the teeth security detail....
    We can now ad on we can make fun of his cops if he brings them here.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    Bloomberg? Ride a BUS? He would never stoop that low.
    Nah, he probably flies his private jet to his events.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953

    In a perfect world

    His bus would be on the next Freeway bridge that collapses. The only tragedy would be if there was an empty seat and the bus wasn't filled to capacity with Bloomberg and his supporters.

    It would be a bonus if Mayor McGinn was also on board.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Probably not, but wouldn't that be great! You ever see the video of the guy in DC asking him if was going to get rid of his armed guards and then offered him a soda? Funny.
    That the one where the goon follows the guy down the block? It was a funny clip.

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    <insert short bus joke here>
    They will be "in disguise", it will look like a long bus.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    That the one where the goon follows the guy down the block? It was a funny clip.
    Yep that's the one.

    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    They will be "in disguise", it will look like a long bus.
    LOL....this thread is turning out to be quite humorous.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528

    Re: Bloomberg launching anti-gun bus tour

    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    They will be "in disguise", it will look like a long bus.
    Would that make it a High Capacity Assault Bus, seeing as they are attempting to assault the rights and laws of other states?

  19. #19
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Bloomberg launching anti-gun bus tour

    Look what I found on Facebook.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  20. #20
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Would that make it a High Capacity Assault Bus, seeing as they are attempting to assault the rights and laws of other states?
    probably has a diesel engine too, who needs a diesel engine? they should be restricted for only the government and sworn farming personnel.

    and hopefully everyone remembers to buckle-up!
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  21. #21
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Bloomberg launching anti-gun bus tour

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    probably has a diesel engine too, who needs a diesel engine? they should be restricted for only the government and sworn farming personnel.

    and hopefully everyone remembers to buckle-up!
    Hey, I have two diesel Suburbans. They are cleaner and get better mileage than their gas powered counterparts.

    P.S. Busses aren't required to have seatbelts.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 06-07-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  22. #22
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Hey, I have two diesel Suburbans. They are cleaner and get better mileage than their gas powered counterparts.

    P.S. Busses aren't required to have seatbelts.
    but they should, how many children should have to die before we mandate everyone buckle up in a bus? IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  23. #23
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329

    Bloomberg launching anti-gun bus tour

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    but they should, how many children should have to die before we mandate everyone buckle up in a bus? IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!!!
    Well, ok. If its for the children.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Follow-up

    You guys are going viral!



    This is all SVG's fault (I gotta blame somebody <tsk>) but the idea of a warm reception appeals to people.

    Open Carry activists plan warm welcome if Bloomy bus tour comes here

    Evergreen State Open Carry activists are today promising a warm welcome for anti-gun Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s upcoming gun control bus tour if it visits the Pacific Northwest, according to messages posted over the past several hours on the Open Carry/Washington forum.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/open...our-comes-here

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    Posts
    110
    is there a schedule of events for this anti-constitution trip?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •