• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg launching anti-gun bus tour

tombrewster421

probably has a diesel engine too, who needs a diesel engine? they should be restricted for only the government and sworn farming personnel.

and hopefully everyone remembers to buckle-up!

Hey, I have two diesel Suburbans. They are cleaner and get better mileage than their gas powered counterparts.

P.S. Busses aren't required to have seatbelts. :)

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Follow-up

You guys are going viral!

:banana: :banana:

This is all SVG's fault (I gotta blame somebody <tsk>) but the idea of a warm reception appeals to people.

Open Carry activists plan warm welcome if Bloomy bus tour comes here

Evergreen State Open Carry activists are today promising a warm welcome for anti-gun Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s upcoming gun control bus tour if it visits the Pacific Northwest, according to messages posted over the past several hours on the Open Carry/Washington forum.

http://www.examiner.com/article/open-carry-activists-plan-warm-welcome-if-bloomy-bus-tour-comes-here

acmariner99

I definitely want to be there if Bloomy comes into town - OCing with a Big Gulp and a few donuts - kind of adds an additional twist to "Come and Take It" :)

Dave Workman

Gents, you may have to do some diplomatic dialogue with your own colleagues and comrades, as revealed here:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...vading-our-nw-states-his-anti-gun-agenda.html

One message particularly caught my attention:

" went on their site a while back and aired my concerns publicly right before the olympia rally. I said while I am all for their right to open carry( which I am) most media outlets will paint a different picture of what really happened. Lets just say my message was not well recieved. I no longer visit that site. I also will not take part in rallys. I will and DO however make the nessesary phone calls and send the e-mails that need to be sent. To be clear I dont have a problem with what the open carry group has planned, I have a problem with the way the media portrays such things. "

To stand together, you have to stand united, and make sure you listen to and understand what the other guy is actually saying.

Freedom1Man

Is bloomie himself coming on the tour? If he were there is nothing I'd like to do more to greet him then with free fatty food from Dicks drive in and Paos donuts from Tacoma. Make him have to walk by us and offer him all this food while open carryin. Of course he ll refuse so we can just eat it all. But still

Have, Five Guys AND Dicks. I am sure he would love that, then we can ride the **** and a Ferry.

leitung

I am going to show up with a Pizza and some 2 liters of regular coke, also going to OC my 1911 with 8 round magazine.

Super scary deadly right there I tell ya. Hopefully he poops himself get gets back on the short bus to his cave on the other side of the map where he belongs.

hermannr

Gents, you may have to do some diplomatic dialogue with your own colleagues and comrades, as revealed here:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...vading-our-nw-states-his-anti-gun-agenda.html

One message particularly caught my attention:

To stand together, you have to stand united, and make sure you listen to and understand what the other guy is actually saying.

Yes, Dave. And the actual outcome of the rally? Was there a lot of negative media? I didn't see any, did you? I did see a black woman OCing a AR15 though...perfectly nice lady. ***** footing does no good. Ask the gays how they got their agenda where it's at today.

it is just like hiding your carry. Yep, no one knows you carry...and no-one know where you stand on the 2A when you are just walking down the street. What we need is to be active in politics, and we also need to "Normalize" the open carry of firearms by the general population. When no-one notices average Joe is armed, anymore then they notice that LE is armed...that is when we will have won.

People in general are afraid of the unknown. They know LE is armed, so they are not afraid when they see a person in uniform with an openly carried gun. It is just as legal, and just as correct for average Joe to openly carry, but it is an unknown to some that it is legal, so they may be afraid. We need to NORMALIZE personal protection and you cannot do that by hiding your carry.

GreatWhiteLlama

Yes, Dave. And the actual outcome of the rally? Was there a lot of negative media? I didn't see any, did you? I did see a black woman OCing a AR15 though...perfectly nice lady. ***** footing does no good. Ask the gays how they got their agenda where it's at today.

it is just like hiding your carry. Yep, no one knows you carry...and no-one know where you stand on the 2A when you are just walking down the street. What we need is to be active in politics, and we also need to "Normalize" the open carry of firearms by the general population. When no-one notices average Joe is armed, anymore then they notice that LE is armed...that is when we will have won.

People in general are afraid of the unknown. They know LE is armed, so they are not afraid when they see a person in uniform with an openly carried gun. It is just as legal, and just as correct for average Joe to openly carry, but it is an unknown to some that it is legal, so they may be afraid. We need to NORMALIZE personal protection and you cannot do that by hiding your carry.

+1

sudden valley gunner

You guys are going viral!

:banana: :banana:

This is all SVG's fault (I gotta blame somebody <tsk>) but the idea of a warm reception appeals to people.

Open Carry activists plan warm welcome if Bloomy bus tour comes here

Evergreen State Open Carry activists are today promising a warm welcome for anti-gun Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s upcoming gun control bus tour if it visits the Pacific Northwest, according to messages posted over the past several hours on the Open Carry/Washington forum.

http://www.examiner.com/article/open-carry-activists-plan-warm-welcome-if-bloomy-bus-tour-comes-here

I'd be honored to take the blame!!!! :cool:

Well done article and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

"I believe in guns rights, but nobody needs to own scary looking rifles and semi-automatic handguns. These weapons intimidate the general public, who will end up banning sporting rifles and shotguns, too. To preserve the 2A we need to prevent people from buying these assault weapons. To stand together, we have to stand united, so you'd better listen to and understand what I'm actually saying."

Sometimes I have better things to do than to indulge the fears of children. ;)