Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat. 6/8/13 - 9:30 @ RCD, Parham Rd at I-95

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat. 6/8/13 - 9:30 @ RCD, Parham Rd at I-95

    Grapeshot extends his regrets that he will be unable to attend due to a conflicting family event. How he could choose to attend his granddaughter's high school graduation over breakfast with us is something I will never be able to understand.

    So, we will be gathering at River City Diner on Parham Road @I-95. 9:30 for the official start time, but there are no prizes for getting there early or late, or even on time.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    My usual seat is available for use by the first to claim it. Note the rules require that you actually occupy it, prepare the morning report and submit same prior to 0900 8June2013...........but you can talk about me.

    BTW - found out a couple of hours ago that my grand daughter received 6 scholarships at her Senior Banquet Thurs. evening. Not mega dollars, but enough to more than pay for the 1st year of community college.

    Look for her to again join us at breakfast or dinner over the summer. She has a gifted 9mm and is awaiting her 18th birthday to OC.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    635

    Congratulations to Grape's granddaughter!

    I'm guessing this is the same beautiful and intelligent young lady that had breakfast with us a while ago at "Bob Evans" one morning? It would be wonderful to have her join us again!

    As for breakfast, I'm going to do my best to be there.

    sidestreet

    Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

    we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    --snip--
    Look for her to again join us at breakfast or dinner over the summer. She has a gifted 9mm and is awaiting her 18th birthday to OC.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    I'm guessing this is the same beautiful and intelligent young lady that had breakfast with us a while ago at "Bob Evans" one morning? It would be wonderful to have her join us again!
    --snip--
    Yep same young lady - very poised too.

    Boy am I embarrassed - had a brain snark. Mixed up my grandson's BD with grand daughter's. She turned 18 yo on January 13th - how could I have forgotten, as DoubleTap and I were there for the celebration.

    Grand daughter is legal now, she can OC now.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-07-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Congratulations to your Granddaughter on her achievments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Yep same young lady - very poised too.

    Boy am I embarrassed - had a brain snark. Mixed up my grandson's BD with grand daughter's. She turned 18 yo on January 13th - how could I have forgotten, as DoubleTap and I were there for the celebration.

    Grand daughter is legal now, she can OC now.
    Depending on flooding and other "minor problems" at work, I hope to be there for another enjoyable opportunity for fine friends and sustenance.

  6. #6
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    should we just plan now to have a large table to the left ? I'll be there with the ice cream monster

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    That goes without saying!

    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    should we just plan now to have a large table to the left ? I'll be there with the ice cream monster
    It will be a pleasure to see both of you again. I just hope the threat of flooding is all just the weathermen blowing smoke to protect their jobs.

    What other job can you be wrong 85% of the time and still be employed?

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    It will be a pleasure to see both of you again. I just hope the threat of flooding is all just the weathermen blowing smoke to protect their jobs.

    What other job can you be wrong 85% of the time and still be employed?
    Please, please nobody say LEO

    Some would say that they are right 50% of the time .....Oh, oh - Ima gonna pay for that.....sorry John, my bad.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-07-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Please, please nobody say LEO

    Some would say that they are right 50% of the time .....Oh, oh - Ima gonna pay for that.....sorry John, my bad.
    I wouldn't say 85 or 50, I'd pick a different number

  10. #10
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453
    I'll pro'ly show at some indeterminant time.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

    --Robert A. Heinlein

    Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •