Thread: Let the mutiny begin

Let the mutiny begin

Some counties see Governor Jello's games with the concealed carry bill for what they are and are taking their own action. Link to what Madison County is doing.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/loc...a4bcf6878.html

In case you live in Madison County, here is the memo from SA Gibbons:

" Contents of state's attorney's memo
    Madison County State's Attorney Tom Gibbons recently issued this memo regarding when citizens may carry a concealed, loaded firearm "on their person or in a vehicle."
    People must meet these conditions:
    1. Must be issued and possess a valid F.O.I.D. card or, if not an Illinois resident, a valid concealed carry permit from a state that performs a background check prior to issuance of the permit; and
    2. Must be carrying the firearm for self-defense; and
    3. Must not be prohibited from possession of a firearm under another statute or court order; and
    4. Must keep the firearm concealed on their person or in their vehicle, and not visible to the public; and
    5. Must not be engaged in any criminal conduct; and
    6. Must be in compliance with all other federal, state and local laws and ordinances; and
    7. Must, when asked, inform law enforcement officers of the firearm when in contact with an officer in the course of their duties. It is essential that individuals cooperate with any police officer and inform them of the presence of the firearm prior to removing it from its concealed location. Displaying the firearm at a public location or without the request or knowledge of an officer could constitute a violation of the law.
    *** The foregoing rules apply only to conduct that previously was prohibited under various laws regarding unlawful use of weapons."

Carthago Delenda Est
    Last edited by kurt555gs; 06-07-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Video link of the Illinois State Police trying to enforce the old UUW law in Madison County.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

Banned
    I think its necessary not to inform ... it only puts the cop on edge ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think its necessary not to inform ... it only puts the cop on edge ...
    I don't like giving up my 4th and 5th Amendment rights for a limited practice of my 2nd either. But this is Illinois. And what SA Gibbons is doing takes courage.
    Last edited by kurt555gs; 06-07-2013 at 08:20 PM.

First Madison, now Clinton County revolts.

This isn't going to stop. HB183 is so blatantly unfair, county after county is going to allow carry. First Madison County, Now Clinton County. Next?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e5k67d.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	10504  
    Last edited by kurt555gs; 06-08-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Let the mutiny begin

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Kurt - Gibbons stated "if asked", you have to inform. Of course, in most traffic stops, they automatically ask if you have any weapons on you.
    They don't even like pocket knives.

What I find interesting is the Sheriffs Assoc. AND the State Police stating they will continue to make arrests, despite the SA's statement. I do however see a possibility of legal action against the departments for these actions. The problem is, due to the extension until 7/9/13, the UUW statutes are still on the books. Even is they don't prosecute, you have the hassle of being arrested, posting bond, then losing 10% of that money when (and if) it is returned to you IF they don't press charges.

A real cluster XXXX!
    Why would you loose 10% if the charges are dropped?

In Illinois you would not lose 10%. You would get all of your bali back. You would only have to put up 10% in the first place.

Let the mutiny begin

It just seems like one's 4th and 5th amendment protected rights would sufficiently protect one from having to worry about LEO's feel about whatever they may or may not have in their possession in the vast majority of one's daily circumstances.

The only trouble is the RAS terry stops give them sufficient permission to frisk one for weapons, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    It just seems like one's 4th and 5th amendment protected rights would sufficiently protect one from having to worry about LEO's feel about whatever they may or may not have in their possession in the vast majority of one's daily circumstances.

The only trouble is the RAS terry stops give them sufficient permission to frisk one for weapons, unfortunately.
    I have never been searched for any reason, neither has my wife. Plus I know many people who have never been searched for anything. Making wise choices can limit contact with police. If a person is going to conceal without a privilege permit, then do it well, and don't stand out. Don't get into arguments, annoy others, or get drunk or high. I know that is a lot to not do because of stupid laws, but it used to be police did not care if law abiding citizens concealed, even in Illinois.

Concealed carry laws began as racism, now it is class warfare, as evidenced by the high fees that Illinois will impose to keep the poor from self defense.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Looks like more mutiny!

Even more mutiny

The states attorney of Clinton and the states attorney or Tazewell have also said they won't prosecute people conceal carrying. What states attorney will be the first to allow open carry?

It is saturday 6/15 and I've read that Peoria county states attorney and the Woodford states attorney have joined the mutiny.

Is this the start of a down state Illinois rebellion?
    Last edited by junglebob; 06-15-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Re: Let the mutiny begin

Yes Junglebob. Total meltdown.

* Carthago Delenda Est *

Quote Originally Posted by kurt555gs View Post
    Yes Junglebob. Total meltdown...
    Total meltdown? Not the way I see it. And, I'm not sure whether to call BS on this or not.

Regarding the counties in which prosecutors have made such statements - how many of the state senators/representatives representing those counties voted for the pile of cow manure that sits on the governor's desk? It seems to me that those elected officeholders had a chance to make a much stronger stand, or to let the court's decision make a full impact on the cesspool that is $hitcago, and they instead voted how...?

And now White County:

http://www.wrul.com/news-detail.php?ID=8l6q

Meltdown!

Illinois mutiny county carry map as of 6/18/13 - More counties to follow. Green = carry allowed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-147-0-83348600-1371510400.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	10532  
    Last edited by kurt555gs; 06-18-2013 at 07:57 PM.

I heard that McClean county is now on board.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Re: Let the mutiny begin

Could be. I don't know. However, I expect the list to grow.

* Carthago Delenda Est *

Why are you celebrating?

Especially since how many of the state senators/representatives representing those counties voted for the pile of cow manure that sits on the governor's desk? It seems to me that those elected officeholders had a chance to make a much stronger stand, or to let the court's decision make a full impact on the cesspool that is $hitcago, and they instead voted how...?

Again, what's the point?

I haven't had time to look it up, but how many counties and SA's have announced they won't be prosecuting open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    BB62 has a point. The State Police have announced that they will continue to arrest people for CC or OC. Damned hassle to deal with just because the authorities can't agree.
    Well, unless things have changed States Attorneys decide what will be prosecuted. And unless it has changed the sheriff is the chief law enforcement officer of the county. The only person who can overrule him is the coroner. It will be interesting if some state troopers get to spend time in the hoosegow.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by jrj_51 View Post
    I haven't had time to look it up, but how many counties and SA's have announced they won't be prosecuting open carry?
    It looks like it's 10 counties now.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
    It looks like it's 10 counties now.
    Madison, Clinton, Randolph, Tazewell, Peoria, Woodford, White, and McClean were the ones mentioned in this thread. What are the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow62988 View Post
    Madison, Clinton, Randolph, Tazewell, Peoria, Woodford, White, and McClean were the ones mentioned in this thread. What are the others?
    It looks like I was one or two off when I said 10, though there are a number of others considering allowing carry. The Clinton county sheriff has issued a letter saying they won't arrest someone carrying on any other states license until the state or county gets a carry law in place. Apparently the states attorney hasn't officially weighed in. A similar situation in Clinton I believe. Other counties that have joined the mutiny are Logan, Piatt, and Edwards.