• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let the mutiny begin

kurt555gs

Some counties see Governor Jello's games with the concealed carry bill for what they are and are taking their own action. Link to what Madison County is doing.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/local/article_a875878a-cee5-11e2-aed9-001a4bcf6878.html

In case you live in Madison County, here is the memo from SA Gibbons:

" Contents of state's attorney's memo
Madison County State's Attorney Tom Gibbons recently issued this memo regarding when citizens may carry a concealed, loaded firearm "on their person or in a vehicle."
People must meet these conditions:
1. Must be issued and possess a valid F.O.I.D. card or, if not an Illinois resident, a valid concealed carry permit from a state that performs a background check prior to issuance of the permit; and
2. Must be carrying the firearm for self-defense; and
3. Must not be prohibited from possession of a firearm under another statute or court order; and
4. Must keep the firearm concealed on their person or in their vehicle, and not visible to the public; and
5. Must not be engaged in any criminal conduct; and
6. Must be in compliance with all other federal, state and local laws and ordinances; and
7. Must, when asked, inform law enforcement officers of the firearm when in contact with an officer in the course of their duties. It is essential that individuals cooperate with any police officer and inform them of the presence of the firearm prior to removing it from its concealed location. Displaying the firearm at a public location or without the request or knowledge of an officer could constitute a violation of the law.
*** The foregoing rules apply only to conduct that previously was prohibited under various laws regarding unlawful use of weapons."

Carthago Delenda Est

Last edited:

kurt555gs

I think its necessary not to inform ... it only puts the cop on edge ...

I don't like giving up my 4th and 5th Amendment rights for a limited practice of my 2nd either. But this is Illinois. And what SA Gibbons is doing takes courage.

Last edited:

kurt555gs

First Madison, now Clinton County revolts.

This isn't going to stop. HB183 is so blatantly unfair, county after county is going to allow carry. First Madison County, Now Clinton County. Next?

Attachments

• e5k67d.jpg
    e5k67d.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
Kurt - Gibbons stated "if asked", you have to inform. Of course, in most traffic stops, they automatically ask if you have any weapons on you.
They don't even like pocket knives.

What I find interesting is the Sheriffs Assoc. AND the State Police stating they will continue to make arrests, despite the SA's statement. I do however see a possibility of legal action against the departments for these actions. The problem is, due to the extension until 7/9/13, the UUW statutes are still on the books. Even is they don't prosecute, you have the hassle of being arrested, posting bond, then losing 10% of that money when (and if) it is returned to you IF they don't press charges.

A real cluster XXXX!

Why would you loose 10% if the charges are dropped?

kurt555gs

In Illinois you would not lose 10%. You would get all of your bali back. You would only have to put up 10% in the first place.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
It just seems like one's 4th and 5th amendment protected rights would sufficiently protect one from having to worry about LEO's feel about whatever they may or may not have in their possession in the vast majority of one's daily circumstances.

The only trouble is the RAS terry stops give them sufficient permission to frisk one for weapons, unfortunately.

WalkingWolf

It just seems like one's 4th and 5th amendment protected rights would sufficiently protect one from having to worry about LEO's feel about whatever they may or may not have in their possession in the vast majority of one's daily circumstances.

The only trouble is the RAS terry stops give them sufficient permission to frisk one for weapons, unfortunately.

I have never been searched for any reason, neither has my wife. Plus I know many people who have never been searched for anything. Making wise choices can limit contact with police. If a person is going to conceal without a privilege permit, then do it well, and don't stand out. Don't get into arguments, annoy others, or get drunk or high. I know that is a lot to not do because of stupid laws, but it used to be police did not care if law abiding citizens concealed, even in Illinois.

Concealed carry laws began as racism, now it is class warfare, as evidenced by the high fees that Illinois will impose to keep the poor from self defense.

junglebob

Even more mutiny

The states attorney of Clinton and the states attorney or Tazewell have also said they won't prosecute people conceal carrying. What states attorney will be the first to allow open carry?

It is saturday 6/15 and I've read that Peoria county states attorney and the Woodford states attorney have joined the mutiny.

Is this the start of a down state Illinois rebellion?

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Yes Junglebob. Total meltdown...
Total meltdown? Not the way I see it. And, I'm not sure whether to call BS on this or not.

Regarding the counties in which prosecutors have made such statements - how many of the state senators/representatives representing those counties voted for the pile of cow manure that sits on the governor's desk? It seems to me that those elected officeholders had a chance to make a much stronger stand, or to let the court's decision make a full impact on the cesspool that is $hitcago, and they instead voted how...?

kurt555gs

Illinois mutiny county carry map as of 6/18/13 - More counties to follow. Green = carry allowed.

Attachments

• post-147-0-83348600-1371510400.jpg
    post-147-0-83348600-1371510400.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Why are you celebrating?

Especially since how many of the state senators/representatives representing those counties voted for the pile of cow manure that sits on the governor's desk? It seems to me that those elected officeholders had a chance to make a much stronger stand, or to let the court's decision make a full impact on the cesspool that is $hitcago, and they instead voted how...?

Again, what's the point?

jrj_51

I haven't had time to look it up, but how many counties and SA's have announced they won't be prosecuting open carry?