• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fundraising for my dad, medical problem....

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
All,

Begging the forum's indulgence, as this may be at technical violation of rules perhaps, as my existence here, especially on the WA OCDO forum, has been rather limited as of late. Being a home-owner, dealing with nationwide 2A volunteering activities and advocacy, dealing with personal health problems (which have been mostly resolved) and among other things has taken a pretty hefty toll on my ability to do things here.

None of that compares to the phone call I received a week ago from my grandmother, about my father. His photo is below from his wife's funeral 7 years ago:

DadPic.jpg

My father is suffering from an apparent neuro-cognitive disorder, which is un-diagnosed at this time because he is absolutely refusing to go to the hospital as he believes nothing is actually wrong. To give an idea of his condition, the woman he was in a relationship to for nearly twenty years (my mother), he couldn't even remember her proper name (kept calling her Loretta or Laura, rather than Larinda). The second thing is that he was under the belief that his second wife, who died right in front of him, was still alive.

There are any number of conditions which can cause it. It could be early onset Alzheimers (he is 55 years old). It could be micro-strokes/ischemia. It could be some form of extreme mental health condition (schizophrenia), or it could be a tumor/cancer.

Unfortunately, his mother (my grandmother) has no capacity to deal with the issue at all, and my mother is not family to him as they are not married. I'm his only son, therefor I am next of kin and can direct his treatment while he is not functional, and have him placed under guardianship if need be. Basically, he needs figuratively a firmer hand that won't take no for an answer, and someone with legal knowledge to deal with having to placing him under guardianship if non-cooperative, which also costs money.

I am fundraising particularly so that I can get cash-only diagnostics for his condition, and once diagnosed, we can proceed from there. My workplace doesn't offer paid leave for sick parents (only sick children) and I am the breadwinner of my household, therefor if I leave without some form of income replacement during the period of time, my mortgage will not be paid and my lights will not stay on, and if he does suffer from a chronic issue where he needs to live with familiars, he won't have a home to go to if I let the mortgage go, thus is one of the reason why the donation goal is so high.

I love my father. He raised me to be as tough as him talking with people, which is why I was so good at dealing with law enforcement admins over civil rights violations and open carry issues. He's in trouble, and he needs help.

Any amount is OK, and there's nothing saying you can't donate more than once over a period of time. If you are able to donate, please donate here:

The Save Dave Wilson Fund

If you can't donate, please pass it on in Facebook, twitter, your blog, everywhere you can possibly can.

Last edited:

hermannr

All,

Begging the forum's indulgence, as this may be at technical violation of rules perhaps, as my existence here, especially on the WA OCDO forum, has been rather limited as of late. Being a home-owner, dealing with nationwide 2A volunteering activities and advocacy, dealing with personal health problems (which have been mostly resolved) and among other things has taken a pretty hefty toll on my ability to do things here.

None of that compares to the phone call I received a week ago from my grandmother, about my father. His photo is below from his wife's funeral 7 years ago:

View attachment 10499

My father is suffering from an apparent neuro-cognitive disorder, which is un-diagnosed at this time because he is absolutely refusing to go to the hospital as he believes nothing is actually wrong. To give an idea of his condition, the woman he was in a relationship to for nearly twenty years (my mother), he couldn't even remember her proper name (kept calling her Loretta or Laura, rather than Larinda). The second thing is that he was under the belief that his second wife, who died right in front of him, was still alive.

There are any number of conditions which can cause it. It could be early onset Alzheimers (he is 55 years old). It could be micro-strokes/ischemia. It could be some form of extreme mental health condition (schizophrenia), or it could be a tumor/cancer.

Unfortunately, his mother (my grandmother) has no capacity to deal with the issue at all, and my mother is not family to him as they are not married. I'm his only son, therefor I am next of kin and can direct his treatment while he is not functional, and have him placed under guardianship if need be. Basically, he needs figuratively a firmer hand that won't take no for an answer, and someone with legal knowledge to deal with having to placing him under guardianship if non-cooperative, which also costs money.

I am fundraising particularly so that I can get cash-only diagnostics for his condition, and once diagnosed, we can proceed from there. My workplace doesn't offer paid leave for sick parents (only sick children) and I am the breadwinner of my household, therefor if I leave without some form of income replacement during the period of time, my mortgage will not be paid and my lights will not stay on, and if he does suffer from a chronic issue where he needs to live with familiars, he won't have a home to go to if I let the mortgage go, thus is one of the reason why the donation goal is so high.

I love my father. He raised me to be as tough as him talking with people, which is why I was so good at dealing with law enforcement admins over civil rights violations and open carry issues. He's in trouble, and he needs help.

Any amount is OK, and there's nothing saying you can't donate more than once over a period of time. If you are able to donate, please donate here:

The Save Dave Wilson Fund

If you can't donate, please pass it on in Facebook, twitter, your blog, everywhere you can possibly can.

Has he been anywhere that he could have contracted Lyme Disease?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Has he been anywhere that he could have contracted Lyme Disease?

He lives in the most urban area of the state of Florida (Pinellas) and as far as I know never went into any rural areas. He wasn't really an outdoorsman.

I'll ask if he can remember, and when I do raise the money for diagnostic tests, I'll add Lyme Disease tests to the list that they should test for. If this were a situation involving lyme, it would be an acute untreated Lyme infection, not the "Chronic Lyme" or Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Sydrome that's been going around.