• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Grand Rapids Festival

FreeInAZ

Does not one of the MI mods live near GR? Think he goes by shadowthingywithclaws or something like that. :p

Last edited:

casper

Disagreement with others is not "burned bridges". What tends to "burn bridges" is idiotic behavior, especially done while Open Carrying. Casper, be very careful with unfounded aspersions.
Idiotic behavior while open carrying ?:confused: What are you trying to say ? Be careful not to slander someone. Be very careful with unfounded aspersions also.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Idiotic behavior while open carrying ?:confused:

Are you saying that no "idiotic behavior" is possible while OC? I would say there are many behaviors one could list as idiotic... drawing your weapon at an OC event would just about guarantee that a person is shunned. Another might be acting belligerent. If one's behavior show a lack of concern for the safety of others present, I can guarantee you "bridges" will be "burned".

casper

Disagreement with others is not "burned bridges". What tends to "burn bridges" is idiotic behavior, especially done while Open Carrying. Casper, be very careful with unfounded aspersions.
Deliberate or not, it looks to be aimed at me. If not I'm sorry.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Deliberate or not, it looks to be aimed at me. If not I'm sorry.

My statement "to be careful" was in reference to you saying another member had burned bridges. My response to you is the same as it would be to anyone who says this about another member... UNLESS they had done something I listed to warrant such a comment.

I have no reason to believe that you have acted in such a way as to endanger others. You have taken a statement which was being applied generally to others who are no longer present on OCDO and applied it to yourself.

FreeInAZ

Looks like I missed something ...and am probably better off for it. ;). Now back to the topic is anyone going to go to this event in GR? I sure hope so? Those amway folks need to start selling firearms products, then I'm sure GR officials would be all for OC. :D

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
If you feel any better, I missed something too.

FreeInAZ is absolutely correct about West Michigan politics. The problem is they hold campaign money over the heads of R legislators in Lansing, too. If you don't follow the script, expect to get defeated next election.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Does not one of the MI mods live near GR? Think he goes by shadowthingywithclaws or something like that. :p

I'd rather have a root canal than go into downtown. Only thing that gets me down there is court business, which is just as bad as a root canal....

Raggs

I'd rather have a root canal than go into downtown. Only thing that gets me down there is court business, which is just as bad as a root canal....

Festival is a good time and would be a good opportunity to have a group of open carry folks be noticed and possibly change a few opinions, which as I recall is at least part of the mission of a Michigan gun org

"To educate and desensitize the public and members of the law enforcement community about the legality of the open carry of a handgun in public."

open carry lunches work and touch a group who happen to be at the restaurant, Festival on the other hand has thousands in attendance.