Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: One of DPD's dumbest moves ever!!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    One of DPD's dumbest moves ever!!!

    FUQ -

    LeDuff: Detroit police's simulated purse snatching goes awry

    Posted: Jun 06, 2013 7:37 PM Updated: Jun 06, 2013 8:39 PM
    By Charlie LeDuff, Fox 2 News

    DETROIT (WJBK) -

    An FBI agent almost shot a Detroit cop on Wednesday at a gas station while filling up. It wasn't the agent or the cop's fault. It was the cop's bosses, who came up with the lame brain idea to simulate a purse snatching and then invite a TV crew to film your reaction Detroit. The immediate supervisor of these cops had no idea this was happening until they called him.

    "The event takes place. The officer takes the purse, runs around the gas station. As he's running, an off-duty FBI agent is pumping gas. He witnesses the whole thing. He gives chase. He pulls his weapon, and as he turns the corner around the gas station, he's stopped by another officer, who identifies herself as a police officer and don't shoot, don't shoot, this is a scenario," said Inspector Shawn Gargalino with the Detroit Police Department.

    That is the same description of events we got from four other ranking law enforcement officials, including Lieutenant Chuck Flannagan, a 28-year veteran of DPD.

    "It's a tragedy waiting to happen. In fact, I understand an FBI agent did pull a weapon because he didn't believe it was a staged, and some officers had to run forward to prevent him from possibly shooting an officer. We have enough robberies at gas stations that most people aren't going to assume it's a mock robbery," he said.

    "You had citizens who could've been hurt. A lot of people out here have CPLs now and carry weapons. They're tired of the crime that's going on in Detroit, and they might want to stand up and help somebody that's in this type of situation. It just so happened it's a gas station where the FBI fills up all their vehicles," Gargalino said.

    This is the part of the story where we go to find the principals who put this bone-headed idea together. First, Sergeant Eren Stephens, the head of Public Information for DPD, wouldn't come outside to speak with us on camera.

    Inspector Dwayne Blackmon from Homicide was there, but he wouldn't come outside either. He did say by phone that it all went down just like that except for the fact there was no gun. That simply the agent made a move.

    Snipped to meet FUQ .- oversight on my part. †************************************************* *************-**;*;********************************************* ************************************************** *****************

    James Craig, the incoming chief of police, said he was outraged. This could've cost somebody their life, and he promised to get to the bottom of things.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Let's hope new chief Craig does what he says. If past experience tells us anything about DPD, it is this: don't plan on seeing any good changes anytime soon...

    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22...hing-goes-awry

    Added link for newest chief (one of many) who comes to you from Ohio.
    http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/...eet-the-chief/
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-08-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: FUQ - edit
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #2
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: One of DPD's dumbest moves ever!!!

    Now to relate this to OC - imagine if a OCer had simply been walking down the sidewalk while this was going on? Would they have been mistaken as a accomplice of the robber? Or if our roving twin FN45 carrying OC advocate commander iceman had rode into the gas station parking lot on his bicycle to get a cool pop or juice....just as this cluster was starting?
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-08-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran ComradeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maple Hill, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    430

    One of DPD's dumbest moves ever!!!

    I think they should've been more controlled in their selected environment.

    Similar studies have been conducted on university campuses and classrooms to demonstrate the same principle but in an environment where there is less risk of armed lawful citizens being inclined to act.

  4. #4
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    1) We need to respect copyright. Post a FUQ so people can decide if they want to read the whole article, and a link where they can read it.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    (11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.
    2) The FBI agent is a moron for drawing his gun. Purse-snatching, with the perp running away, is not an "imminent danger of death or great bodily harm".

    3) Whoever set this up are collectively & individually even worse morons, for reasons already discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  5. #5
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Re: One of DPD's dumbest moves ever!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    1) We need to respect copyright. Post a FUQ so people can decide if they want to read the whole article, and a link where they can read it.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules


    2) The FBI agent is a moron for drawing his gun. Purse-snatching, with the perp running away, is not an "imminent danger of death or great bodily harm".

    3) Whoever set this up are collectively & individually even worse morons, for reasons already discussed.
    It is however a fleeing felon most likely.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Dumbest move ever?

    Sounds more to me like the most elaborate cover-up ever. Boy, what some departments won't do to maintain the Blue Wall.

    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by autosurgeon View Post
    It is however a fleeing felon most likely.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes! In the case of the FBI agent persuing a felon it is most likely their procedure to have their weapon ready should deadly force be required. Want to see officers draw down on everyone & everything for any reason just watch one of the reality shows like "police women of Maricopa county" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9VB8HRH28&noredirect=1
    Thankfully it was cancelled (TV show) before constitutional carry began in summer of 2010.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-08-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #8
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    OR, some BG's had the bright idea that if anyone gives chase just have one CLAIM to be police so his buddy has a better chance to escape!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    the fbi agent let the guy get away ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •