Thread: Target at Lawndale Greensboro

Target at Lawndale Greensboro

I open carry about 90% of the time depending on where I am going and who is with me. I always open carry in Target over off of New Garden in Greensboro and have NEVER had a problem. Today I went to the Target on Lawndale in Greensboro. One of their associates all but ran into me coming around a corner. He actually gasped when he saw my gun. With his lisp he said "oh my" and covered his mouth. After finishing talking to an associate in electronics for 10 minutes I was on my way out when a nice young lady associate approached me. She politely asked me for a moment and proceeded to inform me that "several" patrons had complained about my gun. She then asked if I had a permit. So I politely informed her of the following; N.C. is open carry, I don't need a permit, there are no "no firearms or weapons " signs, and yes, I do have a CCW but I was not exercising it at the moment. She thanked me and said she had no issues with it as it is Target's policy to leave it to the State to regulate. I thanked her and went on my way. SO, take it as info that some of the "several patrons" (read associate) may have an issue, but Target respects our Rights.
    Chris

Humans are so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch1769 View Post
    I open carry about 90% of the time depending on where I am going and who is with me. I always open carry in Target over off of New Garden in Greensboro and have NEVER had a problem. Today I went to the Target on Lawndale in Greensboro. One of their associates all but ran into me coming around a corner. He actually gasped when he saw my gun. With his lisp he said "oh my" and covered his mouth.
    Gay bashing. Really??

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Gay bashing. Really??
    I didn't even notice that, interesting...

Where was the gay bashing?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I suppose gay bashing is a harsh way to state it, but he referred to the clerk he ran into with a description that sounds similar to a negative stereotype towards homosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    I suppose gay bashing is a harsh way to state it, but he referred to the clerk he ran into with a description that sounds similar to a negative stereotype towards homosexuals.
    I did not see that in his description, but then I am pretty open minded. What part of his description indicated that the associate was gay?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

"With his lisp he said "oh my""

I am still baffled

I have known several people with lisps, and none of them were gay. I also have known gays, and none of them spoke with a lisp. A lisp is a speech disability caused mostly by physical problems with the mouth. If that is what he meant he clearly was wrong, and I am surprised that people would jump to that conclusion.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Yeah I'm not really sure about it, it just sort of reminds me of one of the characters from family guy.

Yeah I'm not really sure about it, it just sort of reminds me of one of the characters from family guy.
    I don't watch TV, so I am handicapped about most tv shows.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I read it as the associate had a hair lip.
    "I'm kinda high (or maybe low) profile around here, to hate on me is just sour grapes." - NCHeel

"Nuts" followed by "You can go straight to Hell." Jake from Jericho

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Gay bashing. Really??

Looking for things to be offended about, really?
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

My question as well. I absolutely didnt get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    Looking for things to be offended about, really?

the guy could have been homosexual. who knows? who cares? he was still a hopolophobe.

i am glad that Target has this policy and the person that contacted the carrier knew it.
    i just wondered why they waited till you started to leave? evidently they were not scared of you
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

...She thanked me and said she had no issues with it as it is Target's policy to leave it to the State to regulate. I thanked her and went on my way....
    So basically she said, "I know it's Target's policy to follow the law, but Im going to bother you, anyways."

...So I politely informed her of the following; N.C. is open carry, I don't need a permit, there are no "no firearms or weapons " signs, and yes, I do have a CCW but I was not exercising it at the moment...
    Not bashing you, but there really is no need to mention the CHP if you are OCing - even to a cop. I've heard of people doing that as if they think they need to legitimize the fact that they are carrying to a complete stranger. The CHP holds no mystical powers
    Last edited by dmatting; 06-11-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    Not bashing you, but there really is no need to mention the CHP if you are OCing - even to a cop. I've heard of people doing that as if they think they need to legitimize the fact that they are carrying to a complete stranger. The CHP holds no mystical powers
    You must have missed all those discussions where certain CC claim they do...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Just get the CC badge, then you won't have to announce anything
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

And that makes him gay? Way to stereotype people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hef View Post
    And that makes him gay? Way to stereotype people.
    Moving on.