• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target at Lawndale Greensboro

Stitch1769

I open carry about 90% of the time depending on where I am going and who is with me. I always open carry in Target over off of New Garden in Greensboro and have NEVER had a problem. Today I went to the Target on Lawndale in Greensboro. One of their associates all but ran into me coming around a corner. He actually gasped when he saw my gun. With his lisp he said "oh my" and covered his mouth. After finishing talking to an associate in electronics for 10 minutes I was on my way out when a nice young lady associate approached me. She politely asked me for a moment and proceeded to inform me that "several" patrons had complained about my gun. She then asked if I had a permit. So I politely informed her of the following; N.C. is open carry, I don't need a permit, there are no "no firearms or weapons " signs, and yes, I do have a CCW but I was not exercising it at the moment. She thanked me and said she had no issues with it as it is Target's policy to leave it to the State to regulate. I thanked her and went on my way. SO, take it as info that some of the "several patrons" (read associate) may have an issue, but Target respects our Rights.
Chris

Maverick9

I open carry about 90% of the time depending on where I am going and who is with me. I always open carry in Target over off of New Garden in Greensboro and have NEVER had a problem. Today I went to the Target on Lawndale in Greensboro. One of their associates all but ran into me coming around a corner. He actually gasped when he saw my gun. With his lisp he said "oh my" and covered his mouth.

Gay bashing. Really??

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
I suppose gay bashing is a harsh way to state it, but he referred to the clerk he ran into with a description that sounds similar to a negative stereotype towards homosexuals.

WalkingWolf

I suppose gay bashing is a harsh way to state it, but he referred to the clerk he ran into with a description that sounds similar to a negative stereotype towards homosexuals.

I did not see that in his description, but then I am pretty open minded. What part of his description indicated that the associate was gay?

WalkingWolf

"With his lisp he said "oh my""

I am still baffled:uhoh:

I have known several people with lisps, and none of them were gay. I also have known gays, and none of them spoke with a lisp. A lisp is a speech disability caused mostly by physical problems with the mouth. If that is what he meant he clearly was wrong, and I am surprised that people would jump to that conclusion.

papa bear

the guy could have been homosexual. who knows? who cares? he was still a hopolophobe.

i am glad that Target has this policy and the person that contacted the carrier knew it.
i just wondered why they waited till you started to leave? evidently they were not scared of you

FlyBoy276

...She thanked me and said she had no issues with it as it is Target's policy to leave it to the State to regulate. I thanked her and went on my way....
So basically she said, "I know it's Target's policy to follow the law, but Im going to bother you, anyways."

dmatting

...So I politely informed her of the following; N.C. is open carry, I don't need a permit, there are no "no firearms or weapons " signs, and yes, I do have a CCW but I was not exercising it at the moment...

Not bashing you, but there really is no need to mention the CHP if you are OCing - even to a cop. I've heard of people doing that as if they think they need to legitimize the fact that they are carrying to a complete stranger. The CHP holds no mystical powers

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Not bashing you, but there really is no need to mention the CHP if you are OCing - even to a cop. I've heard of people doing that as if they think they need to legitimize the fact that they are carrying to a complete stranger. The CHP holds no mystical powers

You must have missed all those discussions where certain CC claim they do...