• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Ohio Turnpike Plazas

ShootinRugers

Tried doing a search and nothing popped up.

Does anyone open carry in the turnpike plazas? I generally get on/off at Rt 4 and stop at the plaza at mp100.

I'm trying to make OC part of my daily routine like CCing is.

Thanks

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I never have. I don't get up that way very often.
In the open area of the plaza, yes.
In the buildings I'm not sure. I think the buildings are owned by the state.
But, I do know state troopers cannot give you a speeding ticket under ORC 4511.21.

kurt555gs

Last time I was on the Ohio turnpike the new plazas were all posted no weapons. That was in 2012.

Carthago Delenda Est

ShootinRugers

SB184 allows for CC in certain government buildings; primary purpose is a shelter, parking areas and visitor centers. If that building contains a court or police station still off limits.

I haven't seen signs at a rest area for seveal years.

I'm not sure if I want to be an example; er...test case.

As for OSP being able to write speeding tickets; how can I get the several hundred of my dollars back? Also, would I have to pay back my company since I expensed three tickets as entertainment?

MyWifeSaidYes

Hmm.

How are unpaid speeding tickets handled if they occured on the turnpike? Can bench warrants be issued?

How about multiple tickets? Do additional tickets qualify as higher level misdemeanors or do they remain civil violations?