• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Police Lt. Paul Vance LIES

Edward Peruta

In a recent article in the Bridgeport Post regarding the seizure of firearms, the following was reported. This newsclip at the folloiwng link includes the highlighted quote by Lt. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/State-took-guns-of-man-for-mischief-night-egg-4587820.php

He paid the fine and that was that, until Jan. 24, when he received the police letter. His only remedies were to appeal to the Board of Firearms Examiners or seek a state pardon for the egg-throwing incident.

Similar seizure letters have gone out to other gun owners, but Lt.
J. Paul Vance, spokesman for the state police, said last week he doesn't know how many people were contacted or how many guns have been turned in.

"I haven't a clue," said Vance, who declined to talk specifics about Gorham because of confidentiality requirements and wouldn't confirm that photocopies of the seizure orders were authentic.

"What happens in many cases, prior to the 1990s, someone might have gotten into a minor event," said Vance, noting that in 1994, following the 1991 ban on assault weapons, lawmakers approved the tougher rules barring those convicted of misdemeanors from obtaining handgun permits.

Vance said that cases such as Gorham's permit renewal every five years "could have fallen through the cracks very easily" until he tried to buy the new Smith & Wesson after Christmas."

"It's very rare something like this rises to the surface," Vance said. "We've got to apply the law as it's written."

Lt. Vance and those at the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection (DESPP) don't know how to tell the truth or apply the law "AS IT'S WRITTEN".

DESPP applies the law(s) as they see fit, and often as is the case with the current $50.00 Background Check Fee, makes up rules, and policies which go directly against the law.

The list of circumstances where DESPP does NOT follow the law is extremely long.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
HARTFORD -- A longtime gun owner who recently had his permit revoked over a 1971 Halloween egg fight was the inspiration for an amendment to the state's new gun law.

James E. Gorham, a 61-year-old Norwalk gun collector and target shooter, received a letter in January ordering him to turn in his guns; his one instance of teenage mischief disqualified him from legal gun ownership.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article...-mischief-night-egg-4587820.php#ixzz2Vkiv1sp9

DDoutel

Time for us all...

...to start building a defense-in-depth around your abodes. I'm not even going the say what my response will be if I get some cock and bull letter, especially from the JBT's at the Norwalk, PD, OR the DESPP, and I find out they're digging through medical records for any reason to seize property. I will say this, though; one of my favorite expressions is "It won't be pretty!" ;)