• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member from the Piedmont Triad

BroadwayJoe

I stumbled on this site a while back and it escaped me for some reason. I had the pleasure of meeting two members of this forum at Wesmar range in High Point yesterday who reminded me about it and so here I am. I went to shoot with a buddy of mine and had the pleasure of meeting wethepeople & another active member who's UN escapes me. We had a ton of fun talking guns, laws, open carry and 2A rights etc. Got to swap some rifle shooting too which was a blast. The guys helped me field striped my new to me rifle, troubleshoot a malfunction and slight tooling to get me running. Learned a lot, enjoyed the company, it was a great outing, and I has lot of fun. If these guys are a representation of this community, I'm looking forward to being a member.

nobama

Welcome!! Sorry but I cant place which one you were, but Im glad to have met everybody there. I hope to see you at our next OC meetup. I think the other gentleman was "moony".That was the first time to meet him as well. All a good time!

moonie

Yup, enjoyed shooting with the two of you very much. I hope you guys enjoyed my 300AAC BO. Hopefully a new buffer is all that AR needs to get it sorted out, that and some manual cycling to break in that new bolt.

nobama

Yup, enjoyed shooting with the two of you very much. I hope you guys enjoyed my 300AAC BO. Hopefully a new buffer is all that AR needs to get it sorted out, that and some manual cycling to break in that new bolt.

Hey Moonie, sorry I mispelled your user name. Loved shooting the BO thanks for sharing it. Looks like we got another OCer.

BroadwayJoe

Yes sir. My boss has even agreed to open carrying in the office. I have gotten a little static from family, colleagues, but nothing much. OC'd to the gas station a few times, and Harris Teeter. So far so good. Looking at getting a dash cam and some sort of recording device to keep on my person to ensure my civil rights aren't violated in anyway.

Moonie, I would love to pick your brain sometime about reloading how too, what type equipment to get etc.

I try to go to Wesmar often so hopefully will run into you guys again. Took my 7 year old godson this past weekend. It was his first time shooting. Awesome experience!

moonie

I'm planning on going fairly often. I'm happy to answer any questions, even demonstrate and willing to let you try out my equipment if you wish.