Thread: new to forum

new to forum

New to the OC Forum.
    I will be moving from Florida to Murphy, NC in a few months.
    Looking for some advice on carrying in a private vehicle without a license (preferred) or obtaining a concealed license hoping the surrounding states would recognize a NC license.

My residence will be close to the borders of Georgia and Tennesse so I will post in those area also. I'm trying to make some decisions involving open carrying in a vehicle that best suits travel between Tennessee/Georgia/North Carolina (SC unlikely). I think NC allows open carry if the firearm is visible. I would think a cross-draw holster (I'm a lefty) or chest holster or a holster fastened to the inside of vehicle could work in North Carolina to make it visible?

Georgia does not seem to differentiate between concealed and open carry; keep firearm in vehicle glove box or console....under seat allowed or not?

I have read that Tennesse allows OC in a vehicle but the firearm has to be unloaded?....doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe someone could help here. A revolver is unloaded when the cylinder is empty but is a semi-auto "unloaded" with a magazine installed and NO round in the barrel?

It seems like South Carolina requires the firearm to be in a container that closes with an integral fastener, i.e. glove box, center console, etc. can be loaded (?) and the compartment must close but does not have to be locked.

Founder's Club Member
    Welcome to OCDO!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions. [SC ST SEC 16-23-20]

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance; or

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/title16.php
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thanks for your inputs