Thread: new open carrier in pocatello

new open carrier in pocatello

hello everyone my name is Tyler. I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the open carry society. I have lived in pocatello idaho my whole life and have recently started open carrying my g3 clone cetme rifle and have gotten a bunch of people staring but not much else. Is there anyone else in the pocatello area open carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by bigscaryrifle View Post
    hello everyone my name is Tyler. I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the open carry society. I have lived in pocatello idaho my whole life and have recently started open carrying my g3 clone cetme rifle and have gotten a bunch of people staring but not much else. Is there anyone else in the pocatello area open carrying?
    Very few people carry a rifle, quite a few people OC a handgun on their hip though. Be careful, be safe.

Please check forum rules:
    (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions which ban handgun carry but not long gun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Welcome to the forum

I don't know your age as that could have something to do with your choice of rifle over pistol. Other than that if you are of age I would recommend a good pistol as it is easier to go about your day without getting in the way. With a pistol you still have your protection and most threats are not 100 yards or more away.

As a medical guy in the military I carried the 9mm as not to hit my patients in the head with a M4 everytime I bent down to treat someone.

You can OC iin ID at 18.
    http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=139
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com