• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NSA Spying .. people pissed ... government v. happy

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Instead of spying on 125 million innocent Americans, wouldn't it make more sense to intern Ca Patriot's family?

:D

CaPatriot has demonstrated hatred for about a billion muslims who didn't murder anybody. I don't believe for one second he's capable of compassion for anybody else.

XD40sc

No you don't.

Among other things, you're basically saying that the aboriginal who never heard of rights or political theory doesn't have any rights. Including the slaves imported here from Africa in the 17th and 18th centuries.
OK, assumed you lived in watertown and your were ordered out of your home at gunpoint, and guns were also pointed at your children, and your house was searched. Are you saying your 4A rights were not violated?

You're also hinging rights on success against government. You can fight for your rights and still be doomed by losing the fight--see the Spartacus uprising in the latter half of the first century BC. You're saying those slaves who fought and lost did not have a right to be free men?

So we should only fight for our rights when we are assured of winning the battle. Tell that to all the black folk that were beaten, arrested, and even murdered in their struggle for civil rights, or the women that struggle for women's suffrage.

You apparently don't want to stand up against any infringement of your rights, cause it too hard.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
OK, assumed you lived in watertown and your were ordered out of your home at gunpoint, and guns were also pointed at your children, and your house was searched. Are you saying your 4A rights were not violated?

So we should only fight for our rights when we are assured of winning the battle. Tell that to all the black folk that were beaten, arrested, and even murdered in their struggle for civil rights, or the women that struggle for women's suffrage.

You apparently don't want to stand up against any infringement of your rights, cause it too hard.

Is that the best you can do, subtly change the argument?

First you argue about giving up rights, then that they're violated.

Then you pull a strawman argument that I said we should only fight for rights when assured of winning the battle. You made that up as you went along; I never said it.

And, then make an ad hominem attack on me.

You just proved you're out of arguments, bucko.

Thanks for handing me victory so easily. If you decide to fight intelligently with argument based on reason, lemme know.

Last edited: