Thread: Is there a Blackhawk Serpa style type holster out there for the XDs pistal yet?

Is there a Blackhawk Serpa style type holster out there for the XDs pistal yet?

I prefer this style of holster for the 1911 I carry from time to time. Springfield Armory supplies an adj. tension style holster, but I prefer a holster that locks onto the trigger gard, like the Blackhawk serpa does, especially when carry'in openly........anyone?........thanks in advance.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Been available for some time - Google is your friend.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/196...-polymer-black
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

For the past three years, it's the only one I use. Got it from Bass Pro.

The one that comes with your XD in the box is only good for dragging down your pants.

Hmmm.....I was on Blackhawks website an I didn't see it.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 3FULLMAGS+1 View Post
    Hmmm.....I was on Blackhawks website an I didn't see it.

Thanks guys!
    You have to look for it as Springfield XD or Springfield XD sub-compact, not just XD.

They are there - just hidden in plain sight
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

I don't think the OP is talking about the regular XD, either full size, compact or sub-compact. All of those use double stacked magazines. I think he's asking about the single stack XDS that came out last year, I'm not sure if that's going to be compatible with the current Serpa range. My suggestion is to contact Serpa themselves and ask, failing that ask at a local store if he can open one and try it to find out whether or not it does fit

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    I don't think the OP is talking about the regular XD, either full size, compact or sub-compact. All of those use double stacked magazines. I think he's asking about the single stack XDS that came out last year, I'm not sure if that's going to be compatible with the current Serpa range. My suggestion is to contact Serpa themselves and ask, failing that ask at a local store if he can open one and try it to find out whether or not it does fit
    Hmmm - upon rereading the OP, I think you are right.

I originally read the small "s" to indicate the plural form - forgot that the SDs is a seperate micro compact model designation. Blackhawk does not make a Serpa for the Springfield SDs........yet.

Well, called Blackhawk.......said their planning on makin' a holster for the XD"s".......should be in stores early next year, guess I'll have to wait.

Oops, Didn't realize anyone was going to take my spelling of XDs any other way. I asked because sometimes co. websites aren't up to date w/ new products. All I saw on their site were holsters for the XD/XDm's. I'l use the supplied holster for now, I guess.

See some others caught you Grapeshot........anyway, thanks again!

Comptac is my favorite OTW holster. the single piece of molded kydex is super comfy. It is curved at the top by the paddle so it doesnt pinch like several other paddle holsters ive had.

Kopis:

I'll check their site out , but I do like the trigger gard locking design on Blackhawks serpa especially when carry'in openly, thanks.....Mags.