• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a Blackhawk Serpa style type holster out there for the XDs pistal yet?

3FULLMAGS+1

I prefer this style of holster for the 1911 I carry from time to time. Springfield Armory supplies an adj. tension style holster, but I prefer a holster that locks onto the trigger gard, like the Blackhawk serpa does, especially when carry'in openly........anyone?........thanks in advance.

Griz

For the past three years, it's the only one I use. Got it from Bass Pro.

The one that comes with your XD in the box is only good for dragging down your pants.

scouser

I don't think the OP is talking about the regular XD, either full size, compact or sub-compact. All of those use double stacked magazines. I think he's asking about the single stack XDS that came out last year, I'm not sure if that's going to be compatible with the current Serpa range. My suggestion is to contact Serpa themselves and ask, failing that ask at a local store if he can open one and try it to find out whether or not it does fit

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't think the OP is talking about the regular XD, either full size, compact or sub-compact. All of those use double stacked magazines. I think he's asking about the single stack XDS that came out last year, I'm not sure if that's going to be compatible with the current Serpa range. My suggestion is to contact Serpa themselves and ask, failing that ask at a local store if he can open one and try it to find out whether or not it does fit
Hmmm - upon rereading the OP, I think you are right.

I originally read the small "s" to indicate the plural form - forgot that the SDs is a seperate micro compact model designation. Blackhawk does not make a Serpa for the Springfield SDs........yet.

3FULLMAGS+1

Well, called Blackhawk.......said their planning on makin' a holster for the XD"s".......should be in stores early next year:), guess I'll have to wait.:(

Oops, Didn't realize anyone was going to take my spelling of XDs any other way. I asked because sometimes co. websites aren't up to date w/ new products. All I saw on their site were holsters for the XD/XDm's. I'l use the supplied holster for now, I guess.

See some others caught you Grapeshot........anyway, thanks again!

Kopis

Comptac is my favorite OTW holster. the single piece of molded kydex is super comfy. It is curved at the top by the paddle so it doesnt pinch like several other paddle holsters ive had.