• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Colorado??

mobiushky

Started with Weld County. Weld is north of Denver. They are very Pro-2A and to add insult to injury the Dems in the CO legislature passed a law that all energy must meet certain minimums for getting power from so called "renewable" sources. Most of the rural parts of CO cannot afford the costs associated with that unrealistic and unnecessary demand. They've had enough so the county commission is reviewing the legal steps to secede from the state. The process is legal, but very unlikely. Once they approve the ballot measure it will go to the voters for vote. If that passes, it will have to be approved by the state legislature. That's where it will die because the State legislature will not give up the tax income from the rural areas. Essentially the rural areas of Colorado are net tax payers while Denver is a net tax taker. Without the rural areas, Denver doesn't have enough money to feed the sink hole.

If for some amazing reason it passes the State, it would still have to go through the US congress. So it's not likely.

And honestly, if the North goes through with all this, the rest of rural CO will be jumping on the wagon. The only counties that wouldn't would be Boulder and Denver.

mobiushky

Yeah. I was reading and commenting on that, too.
Just wait for a poster called, "CommensenseFairy," to show up.
He/she's a bit of a troll...

I was writing up a HUGE response to that Jessie one then realized I had to tie my FB page to the site to post. Not gonna happen.

Here's what I wrote:

"First, the number of guns purchased without a background check is dishonestly over exaggerated to make it appear worse of a problem than it is. Second, criminals do not use background checks. What's so hard to comprehend about that statement? If criminals already don't obey the law, what makes you think they will obey this law? And if they don't obey this law, then the law ONLY applies to law abiding people who will now have a further hindrance in the way to legal gun ownership. In essence, it's a law that does nothing but hinder law abiding people. Why is that a good law? Right now if you buy any gun from any dealer anywhere in any way, you will have a background check. Period. That's the way it is PRIOR to the new law. If a dealer is involved, a background check WILL be run whether it's in the store, the gun show, the back of his car, doesn't matter. IF you buy ANY gun from a gun show, you will have a background check done. Period. Even if that sale takes place in the parking lot of the show. That's the current law. The ONLY thing this law does is prevent 2 law abiding citizens from exercising their right to exchange legal property.

As for the capacity? Wow, do you even understand the concept of the stress reaction of the human body to danger? As your adrenaline starts ramping up, your body begins to react by shaking. Meaning that even if you are a AAA+++ marksman and can hit a gnat from 300yds with a pistol, you will likely miss your exact target under the stresses of life or death. Further, as the attacker is also pumped up on adrenaline, the fact is a human body can sustain an amazing amount of abuse before it gives up. (Not death, just stops fighting.) Case after case of attackers being shot multiple times before they turned and ran occur all across the country. Think of the man shot 5 times in the face at close range who still had the ability to run to his car and drive away from the place where he tried to attack a woman home alone with her kids. The Hollywood myth of gun fights is exactly that, a myth. the vast majority of gun shot victims survive. And motivated attackers can do a LOT of damage even after being shot. Recently a man in FL was shot twice in the chest and once in the leg by trained law enforcement and still managed to shoot 2 of them before they finally took him down with a head shot.

And btw, that doesn't even get into the reality of number of attackers. One magazine with 10 rounds MAY be enough for one attacker, what if there are 2? 3? 4? Arbitrary limits on your ability to protect yourself is all that you're talking about. There is no "right" limit. How many attackers are legally allowed to attack you and your family? I haven't seen the laws on that yet."

Oh well, At least I got it out of my system.

Last edited:

RandallFlagg

I was writing up a HUGE response to that Jessie one then realized I had to tie my FB page to the site to post. Not gonna happen.

Here's what I wrote:

"First, the numbers of guns purchased without a background check is dishonestly over exaggerated to make it appear worse of a problem than it is. Second, Criminals do not use background checks. What's so hard to comprehend about that statement? If criminals already don't obey the law, what makes you think they will obey this law? And if they don't obey this law, then the law ONLY applies to law abiding people who will now have a further hindrance in the way to legal gun ownership. In essence, it's a law that does nothing by hinder law abiding people. Why is that a good law? Right now if you buy any gun from any dealer anywhere in any way, you will have a background check. Period. That's the way it is PRIOR to the new law. If a dealer is involved, a background check WILL be run whether it's in the store, the gun show, the back of his car, doesn't matter. IF you buy ANY gun from a gun show, you will have a background check done. Period. Even if that sale takes place in the parking lot of the show. That's the current law. The ONLY thing this law does is prevent 2 law abiding citizens from exercising their right to exchange legal property.

As for the capacity? Wow, do you even understand the concept of the stress reaction of the human body to danger? As your adrenaline starts ramping up, your body begins to react by shaking. Meaning that even if you are a AAA+++ marksman and can hit a gnat from 300yds with a pistol, you will likely miss your exact target under the stresses of life or death. Further, as the attacker is also pumped up on adrenaline, the fact is a human body can sustain an amazing amount of abuse before it gives up. (Not death, just stops fighting.) Case after case of attackers being shot multiple times before they turned and ran occur all across the country. Think of the man shot 5 times in the face at close range who still had the ability to run to his car and drive away from the place where he tried to attack a woman home alone with her kids. The Hollywood myth of gun fights is exactly that, a myth. the vast majority of gun shot victims survive. And motivated attackers can do a LOT of damage even after being shot. Recently a man in FL was shot twice in the chest and once in the leg by trained law enforcement and still managed to shoot 2 of them before they finally took him down with a head shot.

And btw, that doesn't even get into the reality of number of attackers. One magazine with 10 rounds MAY be enough for one attacker, what if there are 2? 3? 4? Arbitrary limits on your ability to protect your self is all that your talking about. The is no "right" limit. How many attackers are legally allowed to attack you and your family? I haven't seen the laws on that yet."

Oh well, At least I got it out of my system.

WOW!
I hope you don't mind if I copy that reply, and post it to, "Jessie."
I might find a need for it at some point in the future..

VERY well done.

troym

I'm curious as to what causes the brains of some people to ignore fact and respond with bandaid measures while ignoring the real problem of violence.
Is England going to ban machette's? Muslims? While it does sound painfully rediculous, it is similar to the siliness we are facing now with our elected officials in Denver. If there are ten cases in the state of crazy people using cast iron pans, will they outlaw them next? If it were possible to remove all cast iron pans we would in fact stop anyone being attacked with them. And yet the root of the problem will adapt to a different implement and it continues ad naseum.
I know I am droning on here, but there must be some way to get through to people that the Second Ammendment is sacred and we only hurt our law abiding citizens when we whittle away at it.

I'm done, stepping down from the soap box. Please excuse my terrible spelling, having a bad day.