• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proactive Shooters' new offering - Home Security Assessment

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Home_Invasion-248x300.jpg

Proactive Shooters is proud to announce a new service to our customers to help them take a Proactive approach to their personal safety....

The Home Security Assessment

Is your home an easy target for crime?
Are the firearms you plan to use appropriate for your home?
Do key members in your home know how to use your firearms?
Do you have a security plan in place?
Are you prepared for any emergency?

Your home is your castle, a fortress where you should not only feel safe, but be safe. Let us help!

Utilizing over 25 years of experience in law enforcement, firearms training, firefighting, etc., we will come to your home and provide a confidential assessment for you and your family.

Some of the areas we evaluate are:

- Your home's physical security, inside and outside
- Your family's response to emergency situations
- Firearms usage & training inside your home
- Any additional topics based upon your personal needs

The cost for this service is $200.00 Contact our office at 804-282-0214 for more information.​

Maverick9

Any chance you could post some bullet points?

* bullet resistant 3M glass treatment for first floor windows
* do-it-yourself safe room/room reinforcement
* interior lighting choices
...and so forth? (just some examples).

Nothing to give away your course for free, but some topics you'll cover, a bit less vague than the OP?

TIA

ProShooter

Any chance you could post some bullet points?

* bullet resistant 3M glass treatment for first floor windows
* do-it-yourself safe room/room reinforcement
* interior lighting choices
...and so forth? (just some examples).

Nothing to give away your course for free, but some topics you'll cover, a bit less vague than the OP?

TIA

Each house is a bit different, but I look at interior/exterior lighting, shrubbery, soft target areas, various alarms, and of course some in house firearms training....

PM me if you have a specific question.

Maverick9

Each house is a bit different, but I look at interior/exterior lighting, shrubbery, soft target areas, various alarms, and of course some in house firearms training....

PM me if you have a specific question.

No, no specific questions. However, one of my sample topics is a very good one. 3M makes a sheeting you can cover your first floor windows with making them very bullet and break in resistant.

There are also some specific manufacturers that make hardened front and rear door screen doors for about $300. To me those are really overlooked measures that can make your home very difficult to breech.

What is a 'soft target' area?

TIA

Last edited:

ProShooter

No, no specific questions. However, one of my sample topics is a very good one. 3M makes a sheeting you can cover your first floor windows with making them very bullet and break in resistant.

There are also some specific manufacturers that make hardened front and rear door screen doors for about $300. To me those are really overlooked measures that can make your home very difficult to breech.

What is a 'soft target' area?

TIA

Making the first floor more difficult to gain entry to is definitely crucial. Strengthening the window glass and screen doors is a good idea.

A soft target can be various things, like a side window on the 1st floor that has poor exterior lighting and low visibility from the street & neighbors.