• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns seized by BLM in Quartzsite for 2nd Amendment paint job?

BriKuz

Next time we visit family in AZ, I think I'm taking a drive over to Quartzite... I have some friends who live there, and it seems to be a little dictatorship...

jeeper1

Next time we visit family in AZ, I think I'm taking a drive over to Quartzite... I have some friends who live there, and it seems to be a little dictatorship...
Don't do it during the warmer months (June through September). It will give new meaning to the phrase "Hotter than Hell".

FreeInAZ

Don't do it during the warmer months (June through September). It will give new meaning to the phrase "Hotter than Hell".

Yep! Living the life of a vampire ourselves (only come out at dusk) in the "valley of the sun" that's PR speak for fry your brains hot during the summer months. October through early May fantastic place to live... :D

Last edited:

BriKuz

Yep! Living the life of a vampire ourselves (only come out at dusk) in the "valley of the sun" that's PR speak for fry your brains hot during the summer months. October through early May fantastic place to live... :D

The waif was born and raised in phx, and this last time, i lived there for 16 years... i gives not a crap if its a "dry" heat... 115 is too damn hot for me!

Of course, we didn't have to do all of this permission slip crap to carry concealed (or even in a car) in AZ... one way that Ohio sucks compared to AZ...

Now, if we could just carry at Whiskey when we visit.... :-(

carracer

The waif was born and raised in phx, and this last time, i lived there for 16 years... i gives not a crap if its a "dry" heat... 115 is too damn hot for me!

Of course, we didn't have to do all of this permission slip crap to carry concealed (or even in a car) in AZ... one way that Ohio sucks compared to AZ...

Now, if we could just carry at Whiskey when we visit.... :-(

Just remember when your temp gets below freezing that it's a "Dry" cold!

BriKuz

In a "Dry cold", you can add layers or build a fire (or find some physical activity to stay warm... why are so many midwestern kids born in July, August, and September?!?)

In a dry heat, you can only take so much off... then you become jerky! lol

OC for ME

<snip>

Arizona ID law.
13-2412. Refusing to provide truthful name when lawfully detained; classification

A. It is unlawful for a person, after being advised that the person's refusal to answer is unlawful, to fail or refuse to state the person's true full name on request of a peace officer who has lawfully detained the person based on reasonable suspicion that the person has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime. A person detained under this section shall state the person's true full name, but shall not be compelled to answer any other inquiry of a peace officer.

B. A person who violates this section is guilty of a class 2 misdemeanor.
Is the BLM (federal agency) subject to AZ law? Or, does AZ have their own BLM?

Logan 5

BLM is federal, under the authority of the Department of the Interior.

The BLM was out of their authority, but then that kid doesn't deserve to have guns to begin with. Not because of a previous record, but as I already said on his site (asking for money) "...the Second Amendment is thereto STOP tyrants. And that kid does not appear to be stopping ANYONE when he bows down like that. You don't stop tyrants by giving in like a wuss."

FreeInAZ

BLM is federal, under the authority of the Department of the Interior.

The BLM was out of their authority, but then that kid doesn't deserve to have guns to begin with. Not because of a previous record, but as I already said on his site (asking for money) "...the Second Amendment is thereto STOP tyrants. And that kid does not appear to be stopping ANYONE when he bows down like that. You don't stop tyrants by giving in like a wuss."

OK - what would you have done? Opened up on them then- bugged out in your race car like BUS that is so well cammo' d in red white & blue? Or grabbed your "go bag" & headed into the desert? Just curious ...

Last edited:

Logan 5

Gee, I dunno. Gosh, here I am, thinking that this kid used his First Amendment rights only to be punished for that and deprived of his Second and Fourth Amendment rights.... Get ya to wonder, doesn't it?

"Open up" on them? No. Just do not approach them. If they have any concerns they can bring it to him. They didn't. He saw their lights flashing "wooo hoo hooo! I iz a copper-roo!" AND HE APPROACHED THEM. D. U. M. B.

And they were concerned he might be in the "militia". Well golly gee, I dunno about that. A lawful activity with other law-abiding Americans...?

The BLM was out of line from the get-go.

If they approach him and ask him questions, just tell them he has nothing to say and please leave him alone while he enjoys the campspace he has paid for the use of.

Under USDOI regulations unless he is either in harm's way or posing as a threat to toehrs they must leave him alone, unless he...initiates the contact.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Gee, I dunno. Gosh, here I am, thinking that this kid used his First Amendment rights only to be punished for that and deprived of his Second and Fourth Amendment rights.... Get ya to wonder, doesn't it?

"Open up" on them? Now. Just do not approach them. If they have any concerns they can bring it to him. They didn't. He saw their lights flashing "wooo hoo hooo! I iz a copper-roo!" AND HE APPROACHED THEM. D. U. M. B.

And they were concerned he might be in the "militia". Well golly gee, I dunno about that. A lawful activity with other law-abiding Americans...?

The BLM was out of line from the get-go.

If they approach him and ask him questions, just tell them he has nothing to say and please leave him alone while he enjoys the campspace he has paid for the use of.

Under USDOI regulations unless he is either in harm's way or posing as a threat to toehrs they must leave him alone, unless he...initiates the contact.

Me thinks someone is a little harsh with his judgement of another. I do, sincerely, hope that you never find yourself in the same position as this person was. As many have recommended, state that you do NOT consent but you will not resist.

It is for the courtroom when one has his rights trampled upon NOT AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH THE ARMED RIGHTS VIOLATORS (OPINION ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS) WHO HAVE WHAT AMOUNTS TO BE A PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE!

Last edited:

Logan 5

Well, I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I know exactly how I would handle the case as he alleged it happened. I have been in BLM campsites before, both as a camper and as a campground host. If that ranger doesn't like the paint job on his bus, tell the ranger to go kiss himself in a few unmentionable places. And yes I have "been there done that" before.

Your rights are only as effective as you make them. The man has the right to tell the BLM ranger, in any manner he so wishes, about that painting and whatever else he wants. He paid for the campsite use and has every right to be left alone.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
BLM Folded. I wonder if he has a case to sue for deprivation of rights

Me thinks someone is a little harsh with his judgement of another. I do, sincerely, hope that you never find yourself in the same position as this person was. As many have recommended, state that you do NOT consent but you will not resist.

It is for the courtroom when one has his rights trampled upon NOT AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH THE ARMED RIGHTS VIOLATORS (OPINION ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS) WHO HAVE WHAT AMOUNTS TO BE A PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE!

From the website:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/8TlW2

Justin Ries writes:

"I received my guns back with only one damaged in shipping. I'd like to thank everyone again for your support."

I wonder what legal possibilities he has now for all the difficulty that he has been put through?