• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another article hating on OC

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I consider myself somewhat religious, but VERY RARELY go to a church. My feeling is that God gave the gift of weapon craftsmanship to some, just like the ability to be a doctor. So I would have no problem going into a place of worship armed. I might go concealed just to ensure that my presence didn't take away from the message being presented. Look at the events that took place in Colorado in 2007:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Colorado_YWAM_and_New_Life_shootings

MyWifeSaidYes

1999. London, England. Naked man with sword. Eleven people wounded. In a church.

1999. Utah. Seventy-year-old man. Kills 2, wounds 4. In a church.

1999. Texas. Christian rock concert. Seven dead, seven wounded. In a church.

2001. Kentucky. Husband shoots wife and bystander. In a church.

2002. New York. Former mental patient. Kills priest and a parishioner. In a church.

2002. Missouri. Four monks shot. Two die. In a monastery. Thats a church, right?

2003. Georgia. Woman shoots pastor. And her own mother. In a church.

2005. Wisconsin. Seven killed. Four wounded. In a church.

2005. Georgia. Former church security guard. Died by gunshot. At the same church.

2006. Louisiana. Four family members killed. Shot by another family member. In a church.

2007. Missouri. Pastor killed. Two deacons killed. Five others wounded. In a church.

2008. Tennessee. Youth performance. Gunman kills 2, wounds 7. In a church.

2009. Illinois. Man shoots pastor. Gun jams. Several wounded by knife. In a church.

2010. California. Three hoods. Three guns. Only two wounded. In a church.

2013. Ashtabula, Ohio. Easter morning. Son shoots father. Any guess as to where this occured?

sudden valley gunner

1999. London, England. Naked man with sword. Eleven people wounded. In a church.

1999. Utah. Seventy-year-old man. Kills 2, wounds 4. In a church.

1999. Texas. Christian rock concert. Seven dead, seven wounded. In a church.

2001. Kentucky. Husband shoots wife and bystander. In a church.

2002. New York. Former mental patient. Kills priest and a parishioner. In a church.

2002. Missouri. Four monks shot. Two die. In a monastery. Thats a church, right?

2003. Georgia. Woman shoots pastor. And her own mother. In a church.

2005. Wisconsin. Seven killed. Four wounded. In a church.

2005. Georgia. Former church security guard. Died by gunshot. At the same church.

2006. Louisiana. Four family members killed. Shot by another family member. In a church.

2007. Missouri. Pastor killed. Two deacons killed. Five others wounded. In a church.

2008. Tennessee. Youth performance. Gunman kills 2, wounds 7. In a church.

2009. Illinois. Man shoots pastor. Gun jams. Several wounded by knife. In a church.

2010. California. Three hoods. Three guns. Only two wounded. In a church.

2013. Ashtabula, Ohio. Easter morning. Son shoots father. Any guess as to where this occured?

August 5 2012 6 killed 4 wounded Sikh Temple wisconson
Oct 30 2009 Jewish Synagogue shooting California
July 28 2006 Jewish Federation shooting Seattle

Places of worship are not necessarily places of safety.

(Not meaning to take from your post just ad to it)

MyWifeSaidYes

No problem.

I had several others, but I left out those where there were no deaths (except naked guy), or where I couldn't reduce the facts to a few sentence fragments.

I did not include shooters who were killed in the death tolls, either.

Everybody has to make their own choices about when and where they carry.

If your religious institution does not allow you to carry, I understand those who choose to attend services unarmed.

I also understand that bullet-resistant vests are fairly ineffective against head shots, so keep your head down when the shooting starts.