• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lexington Pride Festival 2013

DrakeZ07

It's that time of year again, when the sun glares down blisteringly on the asphalt of the Court house plaza, a stiffling humid breeze shuffling in between the buildings of down town Lexington, the tents pitched up, and people scrambling for teh bars, restaurants, and shade provided by the tents and the high-rises. Alternate music bands playing on a stage, T-shirts, and wrist bands being sold, large rounded drag-queens and flamboyant personages happily and merrily strafing around the plaza, being happy and celebrating, and the errant lone WBC protestor.

Thats right!~~~ It's time for the Lexington LGBTQQ Pride festival at the court house plaza, on June the 29th!

Good mood, good food, good alcohol, and good interactions, and lots of cute guys abound!

How is this related to OC you may ask? Well, I'm not sure, but ever year I can be spotted easily, as the only gay guy packing heat, and not whats below the belt either!

This time around, I wanted to pose a test, and throw out some feelers, to see if any of my fellow OC statesmen would like to come on down to the festival, and put your differences of opinions aside, to partake in some fun on many levels, and maybe meet-up for a mid-festival dinner at the Atomic Cafe on South Lime!

You don't have to support LGBT marriage, or rights; The festival is not only a pride ordeal, but a melting pot, where a common person can see all the hundreds or thousands of different types of people who live in close proximity to them and come from all walks of life, you got rich lesbians, poor gay guys, trans* singers on stage who has a southern twang, and those ever greedy Bi-sexual people who can make you the best jack on the rocks you've ever had!

And most of all, where you'll find the Kentucky chapter of Pink Pistols, its actually unknown if we'll have a table this year, some of the Bowling green PP folk are rumored to have a spot set up, but mostly we'll be mingling around the crowd, showing that even LGBT people take our gun rights seriously!

Those interested and want more information on the festival can find out all about it here; https://www.facebook.com/LexingtonPrideFestival and here; http://www.lexpridefest.org/site/ .

And hey, if nothing else, then at least come to it and meet the face behind my forum screen name. It's such a handsome face too! I'll show you all all the best places to get a good drink, and which Caribbean place is actuality authentic, and you'd be surprised how many of them are LGBT owned AND OC friendly!

Hit me with a PM if you'd like to keep in touch on what outfit to find me in~ or if you'd like my number and to be my designated driver! [I kid, I kid, I don't actually drink alcohol, besides, LexPD wouldn't like a drunk gay OC'er taking one of their beat officers home, again ;3].

DrakeZ07

Awww, come on guys, don't be strangers~ Come have fun and try some new stuff and meet new people! :D I bet Gutshot and Glockster would look fabulous with a long island ice tea in their hands and pink shades on! Real mean are so secure with themselves that they hang out at pride parades :p~~~

You are all 'real men' aren't you? xD

dtabb

Thats right!~~~ It's time for the Lexington LGBTQQ Pride festival at the court house plaza, on June the 29th!

Hey, why not? I've got a smokin' hot redhead female whose brother is gay, and a great guy. Rides a Hayabusa from Maryland to visit us in the Commonwealth. He'll probably be there.

I just might put her on my arm and attend, just to let you guys know what you're missing <grin>.

I've been defending gays since Vietnam, when a troop came to me and said he was gay (dishonorable discharge back then). I told him we all knew that and to get back on the line where he belonged. Good trooper. Never had a problem, don't expect one now or ever.

If we don't see you, have a great day!

dtabb

(my bold)

Why do you think he did that?

Don't know, didn't ask. It put me into a situation I wanted out of, so the less I knew the better was my reasoning. We all knew he was gay anyway, it didn't bother anybody, and he admitting it was kind of a non-issue. It still is with anybody as far as I'm concerned.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Don't know, didn't ask. It put me into a situation I wanted out of, so the less I knew the better was my reasoning. We all knew he was gay anyway, it didn't bother anybody, and he admitting it was kind of a non-issue. It still is with anybody as far as I'm concerned.
Interesting! Thank you.

I've heard similar stories from WWII vets.