• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman Trial: Tired of media bias? See gun-friendly legal coverage

Law of Self Defense

Hey folks,

I just wanted to drop a note to let you know I'm covering the George Zimmerman trial down in Florida for one of the internet's largest legal blogs, Legal Insurrection.

Some of you may know me as a lawyer with a practice specializing in the law of self defense, others as that guy who shoots the IDPA matches wearing a suit jacket along with his cargo pants.

In any case, if you're tired of the incredibly biased mainstream media coverage (or should I call it mis-coverage) of the Zimmerman case, consider taking a look at my coverage of the trial and analysis of the legal issues, all from the perspective of a gun guy who has CCW'd every day of his adult life.

It is, of course, all entirely free, and Legal Insurrection doesn't sell anything.

Past coverage (up through last night's daily wrap-up post) can be found here: http://bit.ly/15KXK1a

Today's live coverage will be added to that list when Court goes into session at 9AM.

Thanks for your consideration!

Andrew

notalawyer

Never heard of it, but you know what I'm really tired of? Folks spamming multiple forums, not in an effort to discuss anything relevant to the specific site, but rather simply plugging their own business ventures. :cuss:

Last edited:

notalawyer

If you had been so active here at the time of the Martin-Zimmerman event then you might know of the considerable interest here - and of our efforts to carefully walk the OFF TOPIC line.

Clarification: "it" = this dude's blog.

He goes (now and in the past) to multiple forums and instead of starting, or even participating, in any discussions, he simply points folks to his blogs = Spam.

Last edited:

Law of Self Defense

If you had been so active here at the time of the Martin-Zimmerman event then you might know of the considerable interest here - and of our efforts to carefully walk the OFF TOPIC line.

Thanks for letting me know it's not of interest in this forum. One less thing to do. :)

So long.

Andrew

eye95

Clarification: "it" = this dude's blog.

He goes (now and in the past) to multiple forums and instead of starting, or even participating, in any discussions, he simply points folks to his blogs = Spam.

Yet, somehow, Examiners come here and to this all the time with the blessing of the owners (at least one of whom is an Examiner) and of most of the membership.

eye95

Thanks for letting me know it's not of interest in this forum. One less thing to do. :)

So long.

Andrew

If you are going to react in that juvenile manner, maybe I should not read your blog. Grow up. Ignore the bits of ugliness. And participate in a few of the OC discussions here. If you build some credibility within this community, they will take your blog seriously. You will not be treated well if folks here think you are using them.

OCDO is the most unique collection of posters with whom I have ever corresponded. You can't assume they are anything like the typical membership of a message board. They are on average more intelligent, more independent, more stubborn, less tolerant of irrationality and emotionality, more outspoken, more discerning, etc. All of that means that you should treat them with respect--at least until you catch on to the uniqueness of the group dynamic here.

Just a nickel's worth of free advice. Take it or leave it.

notalawyer

Yet, somehow, Examiners come here and to this all the time with the blessing of the owners (at least one of whom is an Examiner) and of most of the membership.

Well, I'm not one of those members and have no say whatsoever what gets posted here. But I can still voice my opinion about it, right?

BTW, I don't read the 'Examiner' blogs either.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Seems like he did post somewhat during MAR of this year ...

lots of posts on this thread I'm reading .... hmmm