• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry East Fork State Park

Magickallife

Inquiring on this as it seem 3 different departments run it, and under the one it would be illegal howevre state preeemption is in effect and I am unsure of the legalities of this. any help isd appreciated, I have seen others open carry there, however they do possess the chl ccw licenses so What about an open carry? no license....

Brian D.

Stay away from the dam with your gun--that part is run by the Army Corps of Engineers. How much of the land next to the dam is theirs, nobody can say for sure. The subject comes up on gun forums like this one regularly. No one seems to want to be the test case.

Keep in mind that at least around our neck of the woods, there's no such thing as an A C of E police officer to enforce that nonsense. It's just supposed to keep terrorists away, I suppose. So, stay off the dam with your guns AND bombs.

Also, if you don't have a carry license you couldn't have your loaded handgun on a motorized boat if you were on the lake.

eye95

Just do it and let us know how it goes.

Bear in mind that, if you end up with a felony conviction, it will have been your choice. Either way I don't give a (no pun intended) damn.

My point is that you should put up or shut up.

Moving on.

eye95

Yeah.

I've GOT to get you two together on another 3-hour car ride.

:eek:

Please don't make light of this. This is serious. Someone is going to get arrested, hurt, or killed because a disconnection from reality (possibly clinical). I am not the only one seeing this. My inbox has literally been flooded by members wondering about the state of that poster.

If the State directs help, one loses their right to carry. If one seeks help on one's own, that right may be preserved. The poster needs to bear that in mind.

On edit: Moments after posting this, another PM hit my box. I am not the only one who is gravely concerned.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

Joanie-

You seem like a nice enough person. Your personal experiences give you a valid reason to have a chip on your shoulder. You have watched some horrible videos of horrible individual cops doing horrible things. You have much stress at home currently. All of these things, in my wholly uneducated and unsolicited opinion, are causing you to make some emotional, rather than logical, statements.

As a minor example, you have stated a few times now, that you feel that you would be trespassed if you walked into a store open carrying.

My psych teacher would have called that evidence of a persecution complex. Some may call it simple paranoia. You might simply be basing it on past experience OR you may be thinking of one particular store. I don't know.

Here is what I DO know. I will happily accompany you on a walkabout through Grove City. We can stop into these stores* you're worried about.

You open carry. I will carry open or concealed, your choice.

If I conceal, what people have to say, if anything, would be completely about you, but witnessed and recorded by me.

We can finish up by both open carrying into Golden Corral for a late lunch?

PM me if you're up for it.

(*Libraries not included)

MKEgal

eye95 said:
Let us know how it goes when you carry at the dam.
joanie said:
I believe the better test case would be a public library.
The original question being considered was carry at a specific park, a state park.

Unless you want to carry in a state library, the two are not equivalent, so substituting one for the other in the experiment doesn't produce equivalent data. (And there may be laws which apply to being inside a state-owned building which don't apply to being in a state-owned park.)

Top that off with the dam (in the park, I'm assuming from the discussion) is ACoE property, which is a whole different set of rules. (Do they mark where the ACoE property ends & state park begins?)

I'd like to see national preemption. If you're legally in the USA, you can carry anywhere that's not past a security checkpoint with metal detectors.

joanie said:
I was going to suggest we drive over to DC on the 4th and march with our properly holstered handguns.
As long as you stay out of DC, you'd probably be safe & legal.
Have to check www.handgunlaw.us for laws in the surrounding states.

But there are also supposed to be marches on state capitols the same day. Less driving, and in most cases more legal. In fact, I'd read that the guy who was trying to get people to do an armed march in DC finally cancelled his support for it, in favor of home-state demonstrations.

eye95 said:
Someone is going to get arrested, hurt, or killed because a disconnection from reality (possibly clinical). I am not the only one seeing this.
If the State directs help, one loses their right to carry. If one seeks help on one's own, that right may be preserved. The poster needs to bear that in mind.
Most important thing to consider, joanie.
If so many people are seeing the same very concerning problem(s?), maybe there's something there to base that concern on.
While we do occasionally (and mostly in jest) insult each other, we also have great concern for the members of our community here.

Though the thought has occurred to me that she's doing a research project (for what group, I can't imagine) to see how our community addresses the issue of someone with severe mental illness, & is not actually ill herself.

eye95

I never said that you "should be locked away." I said that you should seek help. That is actually the opposite of "locked away." I also said, "If the State directs help, one loses their right to carry. If one seeks help on one's own, that right may be preserved." That also indicates that I don't want to see you "locked away." The State directs help by locking folks away. That will surely cost you the RKBA. I am hoping that you seek help. That won't involve locking you away and will likely preserve your RKBA.

Let me try one more time to get you to see it. I did not advocate that you "should be locked away." You created your own reality in which I did, a reality in which I am out to get you. This is not an isolated instance. I am not the only one seeing it. There is a word in common use for what ails you.

Dammit, seek help. You have a sickness. The only questions are how sick you are, and what can be done about it. Only a professional can answer them. This is the last time I will advise you to seek help. Seek it or don't. I'll just stick to pointing out the disconnections from reality, the inconsistencies in what you post, the dangerous suggestions you make, the false statements that you make, etc.

If you won't seek help, I will stop caring about you getting it. I'm just gonna make damned sure that your fantasy world doesn't bring harm to others.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I never said that you "should be locked away." I said that you should seek help...
eye95, I think you and others have done all that can be done here.

Maybe at some point MWSY will report that everyone except the poster in question was tilting at windmills, and maybe not.

But, IMHO, from here forward for us individually or as a group to keep asking the same questions, or pointing out the same things is the equivalent of feeding a troll. Unfortunately, it's become self-perpetuating.

I have no idea whether the poster in question is a plant, a troll, or is simply a distressed individual in need of psychiatric/psychological help, but again IMHO we've done all we can.

This too will be my last public words on the subject, unless I see that the poster in question is misleading someone who doesn't appear to know any better, in which case I will deal with the inaccuracy without attacking the poster in question.

I congratulate you for the efforts you've made.

eye95

eye95, I think you and others have done all that can be done here.

Maybe at some point MWSY will report that everyone except the poster in question was tilting at windmills, and maybe not.

But, IMHO, from here forward for us individually or as a group to keep asking the same questions, or pointing out the same things is the equivalent of feeding a troll. Unfortunately, it's become self-perpetuating.

I have no idea whether the poster in question is a plant, a troll, or is simply a distressed individual in need of psychiatric/psychological help, but again IMHO we've done all we can.

This too will be my last public words on the subject, unless I see that the poster in question is misleading someone who doesn't appear to know any better, in which case I will deal with the inaccuracy without attacking the poster in question.

I congratulate you for the efforts you've made.

Thank you, and I agree. I have already made the decision that I will only comment on what she writes to correct the record and to make sure everyone takes everything she writes with massive heapings of salt. Careful, though, she thinks that is "stalking." [OK, that was the last one. I swear.]

mpguy

I believe the better test case would be a public library. I've carried at Deer Creek, hunted there even, never have at a library.

I assume you mean state/fed library and not municipal? My understanding is local library is OK.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2