• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Ammo Locator - Find Wal-Mart Ammo

Manzanita

There's another interesting way someone posted on YouTube. How to see if it's in stock at your store.

[video=youtube;gD0rfXSyhIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD0rfXSyhIs[/video]

It's browser specific as I believe you have to use Internet Explorer's developer tools to make the changes. I blew the dust off IE and tried it and it actually seems to work. It's also not all inclusive as I know my local WM carries some flavors of ammo not listed on the website.

RebeccaC

I just found a Wal-Mart ammo locator:

http://ammo-can.net/

SUPPOSEDLY, here in Owensboro, there is a local gun store dealer who is at Walmart every morning, bright and early, with multiple friends who all buy up their three box limit when the ammo is brought out at 7am sharp. Then all the gun store owners' cohorts deliver their three boxes to the gun store owner in the parking lot where he reimburses them. He then takes the ammo to his own store and sells it for twice Walmart's price. I was frustrated and angry at there NEVER being handgun ammo on Walmarts shelves and this would explain it. I was at the store at 6am on Memorial Day morning and waited for one hour for the ammo to be brought out. A line of men formed; they all seemed to know each other. Being first in line I got to buy first. Got my three boxes of .45 ammo. The only ammo released that day was .40 and .45......it was all sold immediately. I am sure this little scheme goes on all over the country. Perfectly legal in every sense but disappointing to know there are gun dealers out there squeezing regular folks for ammo they could have gotten cheaper at Walmart. I will NEVER buy at that particular gun store for that reason.

09jisaac

The Louisa Walmart is showing that inventory is shy of what is actually in stock.

They have 7.62x39 ammo but this site says that don't, even after a force check.

neuroblades

SUPPOSEDLY, here in Owensboro, there is a local gun store dealer who is at Walmart every morning, bright and early, with multiple friends who all buy up their three box limit when the ammo is brought out at 7am sharp. Then all the gun store owners' cohorts deliver their three boxes to the gun store owner in the parking lot where he reimburses them. He then takes the ammo to his own store and sells it for twice Walmart's price. I was frustrated and angry at there NEVER being handgun ammo on Walmarts shelves and this would explain it. I was at the store at 6am on Memorial Day morning and waited for one hour for the ammo to be brought out. A line of men formed; they all seemed to know each other. Being first in line I got to buy first. Got my three boxes of .45 ammo. The only ammo released that day was .40 and .45......it was all sold immediately. I am sure this little scheme goes on all over the country. Perfectly legal in every sense but disappointing to know there are gun dealers out there squeezing regular folks for ammo they could have gotten cheaper at Walmart. I will NEVER buy at that particular gun store for that reason.

Rebecca, please post the name of this profiteering gun store please. I'm sure that all the gun owner's in that area would love to know how the scum is that's profiteering off this already bad situation.

I personally view those that do this as being as bad as the DHS and federal government buying up all the ammo they can. These types disgust me to no end!

RebeccaC

Rebecca, please post the name of this profiteering gun store please. I'm sure that all the gun owner's in that area would love to know how the scum is that's profiteering off this already bad situation.

I personally view those that do this as being as bad as the DHS and federal government buying up all the ammo they can. These types disgust me to no end!

Well, I prefaced my post with "supposedly" as I do not know this for a cold hard fact. It came from a person I am not well acquainted with, and for that reason I am not comfortable posting the store name. But it certainly seems like that is what is happening.

neuroblades

Well, I prefaced my post with "supposedly" as I do not know this for a cold hard fact. It came from a person I am not well acquainted with, and for that reason I am not comfortable posting the store name. But it certainly seems like that is what is happening.

I can understand that. If you get confirmation of this as fact, please post back with the name of the gun store. If this is true, gun owners need to know so that they can avoid this place at all costs.

I know that locally we have at least 2 gun stores that run shady businesses and profiteer by jacking up their prices on their ammo and their customer service is disgusting at best!