Thread: What an idiot - Art. 15 for anti-obama bumper sticker

earth's crust

What an idiot - Art. 15 for anti-obama bumper sticker

A member of the U.S. Army Band who said he was reprimanded for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his personal car, serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at a party and reading books written by conservative authors like Sean Hannity is now facing Article 15 charges – which cropped up shortly after he went public with his complaints.

Ya cannot talk bad about your commanders in the service ...

North Chesterfield VA
    Master Sgt. Nathan Sommers, a decorated soloist with the Army Band, is being charged under a federal law that permits commanding officers to conduct non-judicial proceedings for minor offenses.

Sommers is accused of giving a superior officer the wrong date for a doctor’s appointment. He’s also accused of failing to carry out an order. In order to comply with that order, Sommers would have had to disclose private information about his autistic son’s medical records.
    Giving the wrong date - lying or confused?

Failure to carry out a direct order - yer scrood! Unless you can demonstrate that the order is illegal, and that you have followed the established procedure on refusing to carry out an illegal order - then yer not scrood.

What I'm thinking is that MSG Sommers was being grilled about what day he was given administrative leave to take his kid to the doctor, and was ordered to produce a doctor's statement verifying the time/date of a scheduled appointment and that MSG Sommers in fact brought his kid to said dioctor on said date/time.

Did MSG Sommers merely serve Chik-Fil-A sandwhiches or did he editorialize while he did so/ And was it at a duty assignment or "off duty" time?

Did MSG Sommers merely read certain books or did he engage, during duty hours, in conversations about the content of the books and/or the philosophy of the author?

Did MSG Sommers bring the vehicle with the anti-Obama bumper sticker onto a military installation?

I admit that after the first few paragraphs I skimmed the rest of the article so may have missed some direct answers to the questions I pose. But I am willing to go out to the very end of that proverbial limb and jump up and down in guessing that the answers were not provided.

Generally speaking the Army does not need "excuses" such as issues about Chik-Fil-A sandwhiches and reading material choices in order to screw with a servicemember. And generally there is something more to it that he just/merely/only served Chik-Fil-A, or just/merely/only that he was reading stuff written by "conservative" authors. I think I'd like to hear the rest of the story.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"