• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

special session

matt dillon

Open Carry was refiled today. It is now HB 56. I hope all of the calls and email's have helped the governor to add it to the special session agenda.

matt dillon

What is a Special Session?

Texas’ 83rd Legislature’s regular session ended Monday, May 27. Almost immediately, Governor Perry exercised the privilege of calling a special session. (TX Constitution, Article 4, Section 8)

A special session (or, “called session”) may last up to 30 days and may cover only bills within the subject designated by the Governor in his call. (TX Constitution, Article 3, Section 40) Governor Perry’s proclamation for this special session included only one subject: redistricting. However, the Governor may add to the call whatever subjects he wishes, without limit, at any time during the session.

Bills from the regular session may not be carried over into the special session; new bills must be filed and will have new bill numbers, even if the bill’s language is identical to one from the regular session. Any legislator may file a bill, just as in a normal session, and it may even be referred to committee (at the discretion of the chair), but it will not be heard, considered, or voted on unless the chair determines it is within the subject matter of the Governor’s call.

(See more info and FAQ about special sessions.)

Help Add Gun Bills to the Special Session

Are you a Texas voter? Are you disappointed that all the truly significant gun bills died this past session? Would you like them to be passed this special session? Governor Rick Perry, Lt. Governor David Dewhurst (president of the Senate), and Speaker of the House Joe Straus need to hear from you immediately!

Please call and email Perry, Dewhurst, and Straus. Ask that the following subjects be added to the call of the special session.

Open Carry - remove the “concealed” requirement from Texas CHL law
Campus Personal Protection - allow CHL holders to carry on college campuses; opt-out for private universities only
Carry Everywhere - abolish gun-free zones (TX Penal Code 46.02 and 46.03) for CHL holders
“Come And Take It” Firearms Protection - instruct that state resources and personnel may not enforce federal firearms regulations that Texas law does not also support (HB 15 has already been filed for this special session)
Intrastate Firearms Protection - ensure that firearms and accessories made in Texas are not subject to federal regulations
(Remember that bill numbers from the regular session do not still apply – ex., Open Carry will no longer be HB 700. Also, keep in mind that Perry will designate the subject matter, while the head of each legislative body is responsible to select the particular bills that fit the subject.)

Phone:

Governor Rick Perry: 512-463-2000
Lt. Governor David Dewhurst: 512-463-0001
Speaker Joe Straus: 512-463-1000

Charlie47

The Governor and HB56

Open Carry was refiled today. It is now HB 56. I hope all of the calls and email's have helped the governor to add it to the special session agenda.

First I called the less than Honorable Speaker Strauss, his people LIED and said the Gov had said he would not allow ANYTHING but Budget. The Governors office said that was NOT CORRECT, the Gov has already allowed other things to be called up! However, he has NOT OPENED up ANY GUN bills including HB56.

So if you guys want this YOU MUST FLOOD the Gov's office, PERIOD! I told the lasy that I was going on here and let everyone know and that I was also going on Facebook and Twitter, she didn't seem happy with that. BTW, I was on hold for 10 minutes. If it worth it to you, plan on a wait, I DID!:mad:

The Gov's Ph #: 512-463-2000
Strauss is a WASTE of TIME!

matt dillon

update from George Lavander facebook page

FIRST OFFICIAL NOTICE GIVEN TO GOVERNOR ON POSSIBLE LAWSUIT

[Note: I use the word "possible" only because I suppose it's "possible" that Perry might wisen up, see his duty to protect our rights, and actually fulfill his duty with action]

So the first official notice to the governor's office of my intent to possibly sue was given at 4:41pm today, June 13, 2013, by way of a phone call to the office of Governor Perry (ph: 512-463-2000). I spoke with a very nice lady, who informed me that the governor had not yet decided whether to bring the Open Carry bill (HB 56) to the special session. It was at this point, that I informed her to pass along to the governor the following information:

1) I appreciate the governor's work in many areas
2) I am giving notice that unless the governor brings HB 56 to special session, AND the legislature turns it into law (with the governor's signature), my hand is forced and the governor will be sued in Eastern District of Texas, US District Court
3) That I will be using Article 6, Section 2 of the US Constitution, in conjunction with the Supreme Court's "Stripping Doctrine", to overturn the illegal Texas Penal Code 46.02a
4) That I will include the serious crimes of usurpation (the stealing of powers not yours) along with collusion (an element of organized crime) to prosecute those guilty of abuse of power
5) That should the lawsuit need to be filed, the brief is already prepared, I am prepared to appeal any decision, I believe the federal courts will hear my case (as it is valid, and an extension of the court's 2008 DC v. Heller case), and that I fully expect to win
6) That if I am forced to proceed, and win as I expect, it will look very badly upon the state of Texas, and upon Governor Perry himself.

The call lasted 8 minutes, concluding at 4:49pm.

Official notice to Texas Governor Rick Perry has hereby been served, of my intent to possibly sue him as the prime defendent in US District Court.

Charlie47

FIRST OFFICIAL NOTICE GIVEN TO GOVERNOR ON POSSIBLE LAWSUIT

[Note: I use the word "possible" only because I suppose it's "possible" that Perry might wisen up, see his duty to protect our rights, and actually fulfill his duty with action]

So the first official notice to the governor's office of my intent to possibly sue was given at 4:41pm today, June 13, 2013, by way of a phone call to the office of Governor Perry (ph: 512-463-2000). I spoke with a very nice lady, who informed me that the governor had not yet decided whether to bring the Open Carry bill (HB 56) to the special session. It was at this point, that I informed her to pass along to the governor the following information:

1) I appreciate the governor's work in many areas
2) I am giving notice that unless the governor brings HB 56 to special session, AND the legislature turns it into law (with the governor's signature), my hand is forced and the governor will be sued in Eastern District of Texas, US District Court
3) That I will be using Article 6, Section 2 of the US Constitution, in conjunction with the Supreme Court's "Stripping Doctrine", to overturn the illegal Texas Penal Code 46.02a
4) That I will include the serious crimes of usurpation (the stealing of powers not yours) along with collusion (an element of organized crime) to prosecute those guilty of abuse of power
5) That should the lawsuit need to be filed, the brief is already prepared, I am prepared to appeal any decision, I believe the federal courts will hear my case (as it is valid, and an extension of the court's 2008 DC v. Heller case), and that I fully expect to win
6) That if I am forced to proceed, and win as I expect, it will look very badly upon the state of Texas, and upon Governor Perry himself.

The call lasted 8 minutes, concluding at 4:49pm.

Official notice to Texas Governor Rick Perry has hereby been served, of my intent to possibly sue him as the prime defendent in US District Court.

Matt I sure wish you well. I can call and write letters, I just don't have the funds to help. However, I can hope, pray and encourage!
Very Kind regards,
Charlie47:)

matt dillon

Matt I sure wish you well. I can call and write letters, I just don't have the funds to help. However, I can hope, pray and encourage!
Very Kind regards,
Charlie47:)

that was just an update from george lavander facebook page someone else will file the lawsuit not me

tejasx

Campaign Veteran
I contacted Perry, Dewhurst and Straus and asked for HB56 to be added to the special session. I got a response from Straus and he said Perry has not added any 2nd Amendment bills to the special session, still holding out for hope though.