Thread: New Guy

New Guy

Hi, all. I'm new to the forum. I've been reading up on the laws pertaining to open carry, and it seems that the biggest issue send to come from inconsistent knowledge of the law on the part of LEOs. That or deliberate misinformation.

In any case, does anyone have experience OCing in the Choctaw County area? I have a sneaking suspicion the locals will not approve, but I'd like to ask for first hand accounts before I find out the hard way. Assuming any exist, of course.

Thanks for the time, folks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I would suggest to you to check out BamaCarry.com or the facebook page BamaCarry, there you will most likely find an answer to your question. The Alabamian attendance on OCDO is quite limited, however BC has almost 2200 members now. Hope to see you there.

Re: New Guy

In over there too, haha. No one over there has carried openly in Choctaw, or at least no one has responded that they have.

Thanks for the response though. I guarantee you'll see me around BamaCarry!

Banned
    May I suggest DefendAlabama.com? It is the only one of the three sites that grew out of the initial organization to be truly grassroots. The other two are structured top down.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgon View Post
    In over there too, haha. No one over there has carried openly in Choctaw, or at least no one has responded that they have.

Thanks for the response though. I guarantee you'll see me around BamaCarry!

Have you asked on the facebook page? That's where 90% of the traffic is at, if you have, I haven't seen the question posted. There are very few places in Alabama where you never have to worry about being harassed, however there are also only a very few places you have to worry about being intensely harassed to the point of being arrested. Most area's the police aren't sure how to handle OC and have received little if any training on it, or the legality of it.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    May I suggest DefendAlabama.com? It is the only one of the three sites that grew out of the initial organization to be truly grassroots. The other two are structured top down.

Looks like the grass is dying over there from the roots up.

Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    Have you asked on the facebook page? That's where 90% of the traffic is at, if you have, I haven't seen the question posted. There are very few places in Alabama where you never have to worry about being harassed, however there are also only a very few places you have to worry about being intensely harassed to the point of being arrested. Most area's the police aren't sure how to handle OC and have received little if any training on it, or the legality of it.
    Hopefully SB-286 becoming the law of the land Aug.1 will help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Looks like the grass is dying over there from the roots up.
    Not to turn this into another forum thread, but there's some truth to that - unfortunately.