Thread: Pay attention to this case

Pay attention to this case

Stop-and-frisk lawsuit could lead to federal oversight of New York City police -report

http://www.courant.com/news/nation-w...,6974201.story

Thanks. I will.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department notified New York City officials on Wednesday that it plans to ask a federal judge for oversight of the city's police department if she determines its controversial stop-and-frisk policy is unconstitutional, according to a news report.

The New York Daily News report comes after the conclusion of a 10-week federal civil trial on the practice by New York City police of stopping people they suspect of unlawful activity and frisking those they suspect are carrying weapons.

U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin is expected to rule in the coming weeks.

WFT is the DOJ just NOW looking into this ; what? they were not aware of this before?

I think a judge will do their job for them. Dorks.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    U.S. District Judge Shira Scheindlin is expected to rule in the coming weeks..
    Scheindlin is known for her intellectual acumen, demanding courtroom demeanor, aggressive interpretations of the law, and expertise in mass torts, electronic discovery, and complex litigation. [Almanac of the Federal Judiciary, 2005] http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/917927 From Russia with love.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.