• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How do you legally carry a MAC-10 or extended barrel pistol?

Haman J.T.

No disrespect intended, didn't mean to beat an apparent dead horse. I did do a search but couldn't really find a concise answer. My apologies if it ruffled some feathers.

I do agree wholeheartedly a MAC or UZI is the wrong firearm of choice to carry in just about any situation. I was merely trying to gain knowledge and looking for opinions on the legality of carrying such a pistol that is either too large or has no formed holster available. If carrying with a sling would constitute brandishing and/or be illegal due to lack of a holster.

A trip to Tandy Leather will provide all thats needed to make a holster,as I've made several holsters for my pistols, and that would cover any confusion as far as OC of said MACs, Uzis etc..May not look normal but should cover any confusion by PDs.I believe slinging of short guns is a gray area for PD and should only be done if you're able to pay for court visits begun by confused PDs!

FreeInAZ

A trip to Tandy Leather will provide all thats needed to make a holster,as I've made several holsters for my pistols, and that would cover any confusion as far as OC of said MACs, Uzis etc..May not look normal but should cover any confusion by PDs.I believe slinging of short guns is a gray area for PD and should only be done if you're able to pay for court visits begun by confused PDs!

Pictures Jeff we, need pictures man! ;) Anyone who carried a 45 Hi-Point needs holster skills. PS - per G9OS WPD are bleeping bleep bleepers! :p

hybagy4a.jpg

Last edited: