• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun bill could have positive effect for OC'ers

RT48

House Bill 203 was introduced two days ago which makes a lot of changes to Ohio law. The one that will have a positive impact for OC is the following line will be added to both the Inducing Panic law and the Disorderly Conduct law:

(2) The exercise of a constitutional or statutory right is not, in itself, a violation of this section and does not constitute reasonable, articulable suspicion of criminal activity.

Here is the bill:

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=130_HB_203

joanie

Words, the real effect is in how, where, if, and in what way those words will be applied.

eye95

Those are some damn good words.

I will, once I have time, read the whole bill. Too often, a few very good words are lost in a lot of very bad words. Let's hope that this is not the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Makarov

It should read...

(2) The exercise of a constitutional or statutory right is not, in itself, a violation of this section and does not constitute reasonable, articulable suspicion of criminal activity unless

(a) The person has the weapon unholstered and is waving the weapon around in a threatening manner not relating to stopping of a criminal, crime, or the saving of a life.

(b) The unlawful detainment, arrest, or confiscation of any persons weapon exercising their constitutional right under the Second Amendment shall constitute a criminal offense by the officer and is punishable by the termination their employment, payment of a fine of a minimum of $10,000.00 dollars, and incarceration of up to 6 years mandatory sentence without parole in a state prison

Last edited: