• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor Sandoval vetoes SB 221

NAVYBLUE

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/201...bill-says-it-would-erode-right/#axzz2W9XpwFYu

Hey, I though the Las Vegas Sun said "86% of Nevadans are for expanded background checks" I think they meant 86% of (10) Las Vegas Sun editorial staff Liberal wussies are for expanded background checks. Even the Sheriff's Association sent a letter stating it could turn honest people into criminals.

We need to thank Mayor "no 32 oz soda for you" Bloomberg for ******* off Nevadans enough to get them to make the calls and for providing his 800 number to use and vote against his wishes. What a friggin moron. When I was the senior NAVY recruiting leader for all of the (5) NYC boroughs, Long Island and all of New Jersey, NYC was a great town under Mayor Rudy Juliani. It is a s_ _ _hole now.

Thanks you for all fellow Nevada OCDOers who supported the cause and fighting the good fight.

This is just one skirmish won in a forthcoming battle.

NAVYBLUE

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Harry Reid is now on record pulling a number out of his ass and claiming that the governor went against the wishes of 90% of Nevadans.

Using his own math, I hope he gets "90%" of the vote in his next election.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
This is excellent news!

Does anyone have an exact count as to which states this year - 2013 - have moved to ban private sales?

I believe that possibly NY and CT have banned private sales of long guns, and Delaware also banned at east some private sales - we will need to update our private transfer rights map at http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=101

The Big Guy

Harry Reid is now on record pulling a number out of his ass and claiming that the governor went against the wishes of 90% of Nevadans.

Using his own math, I hope he gets "90%" of the vote in his next election.
My wife ran into Horse Poop Harry at Wholefoods one day (and his 2 big well-armed Capital Police bodyguards). She confronted him about the stimulus package and how the overwhelming majority of the people of NV were not happy with his support of it. His response was "Well sometimes I have to do what I think is best for the nation". Seems to me that the polling was about 90% against the stimulus. So we know that he has at least 2 faces...TBG

b0neZ

They're still trotting out that stupid poll?

That poll is linked on another forum, and on that page it says that not only is it an MAIG poll, but also that only 800 people were polled. I've already shut down down antis who tried to use that in other platforms. They seem to have no argument and go away after finding out that the truth is out there for all to see.

Not at my laptop at the moment, but will link to the poll (call to cite) as soon as I get there.

ETA: Finally, the poll: http://www.scribd.com/doc/128960556/Nevada-Gun-Issue-Questionnaire-TOPLINE-Results-for-Release

Quoting from the description (Right side of page):
Mayors Against Illegal Guns released the poll on March 5, 2013. Schoen LLC from Feb. 10 through Feb. 14 conducted the survey in more than 60 states and congressional districts. The Nevada poll included 800 voters and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

Last edited: