Thread: how to stop mass shootings

how to stop mass shootings

Someone on facebook came up with this idea:
    I have it figured out, so simple!
    Outlaw black clothing!
    That's the common denominator in all the mass shootings
    And I said it's even simpler than that - just outlaw clothing.
    All mass murderers wore clothing, right?

Everyone relax, no one is trying to take the black clothing you already have, we just want to make it harder for people who shouldn't have it to get their hands on it.
    Last edited by ron73440; 06-14-2013 at 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Banned
    What if all black clothing had serial numbers and were registered?

Oh, and have black-cloying-free zones, like schools.

What are you all going to do about black dye that could be used to turn white clothing in to black.

Home made black clothing with out serial numbers.

I am so afraid.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I like the way you think. ; )
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I like the way you think. ; )
    OMG, no, No, NO!

Think please. Have you not been to Wal-Mart lately - that is reality
    https://www.google.com/search?q=peop...w=1400&bih=717
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Re: how to stop mass shootings

From my cold, dead hangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    OMG, no, No, NO!

What is seen cannot be unseen, no matter how many times you bleach your eyes.

OMG, no, No, NO!

There is not enough industrial-strength brain-bleach in the world to erase those images!! Shame on you, Grapeshot!!
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Maybe we should have a waiting period on buying black clothing and a limit on how many articles of black clothing a person can buy per month. And we haven't even considered the trouble we will have with the larger high capacity "black" handbags and other exccessories people will buy to turn their black wardrobe into these so called "assult" outfits.

Someone on facebook came up with this idea:

All mass murderers wore clothing, right?

No offense...I think your idea will create/promote more mass murders. There are a lot of people I know that NEED to have clothing....without clothing, holy cow.....eliminating those images would paramount!!

Background checks on all hoodies and pants that display buttocks (because they cannot be pulled up) should be implemented ASAP!! Call your legislators PRONTO!!!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    They are missing the main element of what makes something a "mass shooting" .......people, they shouldn't be allowed to peaceably assemble.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

It's not all the black clothing. Don't go overboard.

But we must do some common sense bans such as when a collar and expandable pockets are on the same black garment, or if instead of a normal zipper, the pants employ much more quiet buttons, as found on military fatigues. There is no legitimate sporting purpose in those combinations.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

re: going to Wally World
    I avoid it as much as possible, which amounts to making maybe 1 trip a year for something that's on an excessively good sale. (Or sometimes I'll accompany a friend just to be friendly, but I keep my collar turned up & hat & sunglasses on.)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner
    They are missing the main element of what makes something a "mass shooting": people; they shouldn't be allowed to peaceably assemble.
    But unpeaceable assembling would be OK? Or even dissembling?

BTW, I love that people here have a sense of humor & can take off & run with something like this.

Re: how to stop mass shootings

I sometimes wear black socks, but it's okay: I have my CWP (Concealed Wear Permit), but most days I wear my Tivas, which are Black *and* Nylon, so they count as tacti (tacky?)-cool.

Banned
    the only 100% way is to kill everyone ~ 1 male could survive the cleansing ....

OMG, no, No, NO!

Lord have mercy. And some folks worry about open carrying at a Wally World?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joanie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    the only 100% way is to kill everyone ~ 1 male could survive the cleansing ....
    Shhh !!! It's a secret. They are not supposed to know yet. Nevermind, nothing to see here, enjoy your MSGs, GMOs, aspertane fluoride, and vaccines.
    QFR.

Make that QFIR: Quoted For the Ironic Record.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

But unpeaceable assembling would be OK? Or even dissembling?

BTW, I love that people here have a sense of humor & can take off & run with something like this.
    They try that every May day in Seattle.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Wink

Here are some facts*

2% of all murders are committed utilizing black clothing.
    98% of all murders wearing black clothing have multiple black garments on at the time of the murders.
    100% of all black-garment wearing shooters obtained garments without a background check.
    100% of all black-garment wearing shooters, at the time of the shooting, were able to wear black clothing, despite repeated requests from parents (mothers in particular) to wear "something nice."

Obviously this serious situation needs attention. Therefore, OA will be establishing, for the security of our nation, a new department to be overseen by the Department of Homeland Security- with oversight from the Attorney General's office- the world's first ever fashion police. The United States Required Clothing Uniform Necessity Team will be led by Tim Gunn, with Under Secretary Heidi Klum. Other positions will be filled when the filming is finished for the upcoming season of "What Not To Wear." USRCUNT has the explicit power and authority to detain you for fashion infractions. They will have the authority to search closets, confiscate clothing, and treat any person wearing socks with sandals as a serious violator.

*facts are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Here are some facts*

2% of all murders are committed utilizing black clothing.
    98% of all murders wearing black clothing have multiple black garments on at the time of the murders.
    100% of all black-garment wearing shooters obtained garments without a background check.
    100% of all black-garment wearing shooters, at the time of the shooting, were able to wear black clothing, despite repeated requests from parents (mothers in particular) to wear "something nice."

Obviously this serious situation needs attention. Therefore, OA will be establishing, for the security of our nation, a new department to be overseen by the Department of Homeland Security- with oversight from the Attorney General's office- the world's first ever fashion police. The United States Required Clothing Uniform Necessity Team will be led by Tim Gunn, with Under Secretary Heidi Klum. Other positions will be filled when the filming is finished for the upcoming season of "What Not To Wear." USRCUNT has the explicit power and authority to detain you for fashion infractions. They will have the authority to search closets, confiscate clothing, and treat any person wearing socks with sandals as a serious violator.

*facts are made up.
    If you wear socks with sandals, I'm scared of you, because obviously you have no concept of right and wrong.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE