• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how to stop mass shootings

MKEgal

Someone on facebook came up with this idea:
I have it figured out, so simple!
Outlaw black clothing!
That's the common denominator in all the mass shootings

And I said it's even simpler than that - just outlaw clothing.
All mass murderers wore clothing, right?

Ca Patriot

That's the stupidest idea I have ever heard. I would not ban black clothing. I might support background checks for people trying to buy black clothing but certainly not a ban.

ron73440

Everyone relax, no one is trying to take the black clothing you already have, we just want to make it harder for people who shouldn't have it to get their hands on it.

Last edited:

eye95

What if all black clothing had serial numbers and were registered?

Oh, and have black-cloying-free zones, like schools.

Firearms Iinstuctor

What are you all going to do about black dye that could be used to turn white clothing in to black.

Home made black clothing with out serial numbers.

I am so afraid.

DocWalker

Maybe we should have a waiting period on buying black clothing and a limit on how many articles of black clothing a person can buy per month. And we haven't even considered the trouble we will have with the larger high capacity "black" handbags and other exccessories people will buy to turn their black wardrobe into these so called "assult" outfits.

Redbaron007

No offense...I think your idea will create/promote more mass murders. There are a lot of people I know that NEED to have clothing....without clothing, holy cow.....eliminating those images would paramount!! ;)

Background checks on all hoodies and pants that display buttocks (because they cannot be pulled up) should be implemented ASAP!! Call your legislators PRONTO!!!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It's not all the black clothing. Don't go overboard.

But we must do some common sense bans such as when a collar and expandable pockets are on the same black garment, or if instead of a normal zipper, the pants employ much more quiet buttons, as found on military fatigues. There is no legitimate sporting purpose in those combinations.

MKEgal

re: going to Wally World
I avoid it as much as possible, which amounts to making maybe 1 trip a year for something that's on an excessively good sale. (Or sometimes I'll accompany a friend just to be friendly, but I keep my collar turned up & hat & sunglasses on.)

sudden valley gunner said:
They are missing the main element of what makes something a "mass shooting": people; they shouldn't be allowed to peaceably assemble.
But unpeaceable assembling would be OK? Or even dissembling? :rolleyes:

BTW, I love that people here have a sense of humor & can take off & run with something like this.

joanie

Just as long as we only discuss openly wearing black clothing in places where its legal.

Should we outlaw black hats with draw strings?

b0neZ

I sometimes wear black socks, but it's okay: I have my CWP (Concealed Wear Permit), but most days I wear my Tivas, which are Black *and* Nylon, so they count as tacti (tacky?)-cool.

joanie

the only 100% way is to kill everyone ~ 1 male could survive the cleansing ....

Shhh !!! It's a secret. They are not supposed to know yet. Nevermind, nothing to see here, enjoy your MSGs, GMOs, aspertane fluoride, and vaccines.