Thread: Non NC Citizen Open Carry?

Non NC Citizen Open Carry?

Hi everyone. I must say I absolutely love this forum and have been reading them for a while. My family has a house in the mountains of Linvile/Newland. I am a CCW holder of SC and I know my CCW permit is valid in NC. My question is simple: Is it legal for a non NC resident to OC?

Thanks in advance for the help. I will be traveling there at the beginning of next month for some vacation time in the mountains and would love to OC while there.

Yes you can legally open carry, it is a right in NC. Keep in mind though there are places that a openly carried firearm is not allowed, such as state parks.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon803 View Post
    Hi everyone. I must say I absolutely love this forum and have been reading them for a while. My family has a house in the mountains of Linvile/Newland. I am a CCW holder of SC and I know my CCW permit is valid in NC. My question is simple: Is it legal for a non NC resident to OC?

Thanks in advance for the help. I will be traveling there at the beginning of next month for some vacation time in the mountains and would love to OC while there.
    I am unaware of anything in the state laws that would preclude you from OC. The lack of laws specifically on OC is a good thing. And as WW said, OC is a right -- going back to the early 1800's in NC. There is a sticky on the NC forum that has some good information, and the NC laws on firearms are here (in general) and here (CC especially).
    Last edited by carolina guy; 06-14-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Carolina Guy,

Thanks for the links. I've been lurking a while and I think I have seen those links before. I re-read them and printed them out! Thanks!

We plan on going to GrandFather Mountain while there. I'm fairly certain that carrying of any sorts is prohibited there since I have to pay admission and I think the places off limits for CC is going to be the same as in SC.

Thanks again for you guy's help!