Thread: Counter-Bloomberg Open Carry (or Open Holster) Rallies

Counter-Bloomberg Open Carry (or Open Holster) Rallies

Ladies and gents (and other), Nanny Bloomberg is at it again.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...164753700.html

Pre-click look: Six months after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, victims’ families, elected officials and faith leaders gathered in Newtown, Conn., for the launch of a nationwide bus tour to step up the pressure on politicians for stronger gun-control laws and to commemorate those who were killed.

Who's up for a little grassroots counter-action in, say, every single state on the tour?

http://nomorenames.org/

Why am I not amazed that they force you to "sign up" in order to get any information on when and where they will be?

I know signing up to get emails from them is not TEOTWAWKI, but their refusal/fear of putting the information out there just rubs me the wrong way.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I have been trying to get info on the bus stops since I heard about this; they are being tight lipped about it. These stops have to be known to someone, you would think.

I am not a fan of gun control, but what I am even less a fan of is people who think that because they have money, that is somehow criteria for knowing what is best for everyone else.

Re: Counter-Bloomberg Open Carry (or Open Holster) Rallies

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    http://nomorenames.org/

Why am I not amazed that they force you to "sign up" in order to get any information on when and where they will be?

I know signing up to get emails from them is not TEOTWAWKI, but their refusal/fear of putting the information out there just rubs me the wrong way.

stay safe.
    Goog...er...Bing "10 minute e-mail". They last just long enough to sign up and get the confirmation link.

After that, they go away.

I do understand and agree with the idea that a person shouldn't have to sign up to view the dates/locations/times of what should be a public event. One would think that they want as many people as possible to show up, right?

Wait a minute. The people most likely to be there in support of the message are in favor of registration, so of course they'd have no problem signing up on the site.

It all makes sense (in a twisted way) now.
    Last edited by b0neZ; 06-15-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Goog...er...Bing "10 minute e-mail".
    PRISM joke of the day, folks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Goog...er...Bing "10 minute e-mail". They last just long enough to sign up and get the confirmation link.

After that, they go away.

I do understand and agree with the idea that a person shouldn't have to sign up to view the dates/locations/times of what should be a public event. One would think that they want as many people as possible to show up, right?

Wait a minute. The people most likely to be there in support of the message are in favor of registration, so of course they'd have no problem signing up on the site.

It all makes sense (in a twisted way) now.
    I don't care that I can get around it. I don't trust folks who would try to make the demand for my information.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I don't care that I can get around it. I don't trust folks who would try to make the demand for my information.
    It's a moot point. The website has no itinerary listed, and neither does the Facebook page. I think the only way we'll hear about stops is AFTER the fact.

Still, when Monday rolls around I'll place a few calls to Nashville and ask around to see if some kind of date/time/venue has been reserved.

"The bus tour will first head north to Concord, N.H., and Augusta, Maine. Locations in other states will be announced during the week of the stop."

From: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...164753700.html

It's quite possible that they are doing this intentionally to make it harder for pro-gunners to rally against it.