• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Counter-Bloomberg Open Carry (or Open Holster) Rallies

Silvertongue

Ladies and gents (and other), Nanny Bloomberg is at it again.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...g-sandy-hook-takes-gun-control-164753700.html

Pre-click look: Six months after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, victims’ families, elected officials and faith leaders gathered in Newtown, Conn., for the launch of a nationwide bus tour to step up the pressure on politicians for stronger gun-control laws and to commemorate those who were killed.

Who's up for a little grassroots counter-action in, say, every single state on the tour?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://nomorenames.org/

Why am I not amazed that they force you to "sign up" in order to get any information on when and where they will be?

I know signing up to get emails from them is not TEOTWAWKI, but their refusal/fear of putting the information out there just rubs me the wrong way.

stay safe.

Black_water

I have been trying to get info on the bus stops since I heard about this; they are being tight lipped about it. These stops have to be known to someone, you would think.

I am not a fan of gun control, but what I am even less a fan of is people who think that because they have money, that is somehow criteria for knowing what is best for everyone else.

b0neZ

http://nomorenames.org/

Why am I not amazed that they force you to "sign up" in order to get any information on when and where they will be?

I know signing up to get emails from them is not TEOTWAWKI, but their refusal/fear of putting the information out there just rubs me the wrong way.

stay safe.

Goog...er...Bing "10 minute e-mail". They last just long enough to sign up and get the confirmation link.

After that, they go away.

I do understand and agree with the idea that a person shouldn't have to sign up to view the dates/locations/times of what should be a public event. One would think that they want as many people as possible to show up, right?

Wait a minute. The people most likely to be there in support of the message are in favor of registration, so of course they'd have no problem signing up on the site.

It all makes sense (in a twisted way) now.

Last edited:

eye95

Goog...er...Bing "10 minute e-mail". They last just long enough to sign up and get the confirmation link.

After that, they go away.

I do understand and agree with the idea that a person shouldn't have to sign up to view the dates/locations/times of what should be a public event. One would think that they want as many people as possible to show up, right?

Wait a minute. The people most likely to be there in support of the message are in favor of registration, so of course they'd have no problem signing up on the site.

It all makes sense (in a twisted way) now.

I don't care that I can get around it. I don't trust folks who would try to make the demand for my information.

Silvertongue

I don't care that I can get around it. I don't trust folks who would try to make the demand for my information.

It's a moot point. The website has no itinerary listed, and neither does the Facebook page. I think the only way we'll hear about stops is AFTER the fact.

Still, when Monday rolls around I'll place a few calls to Nashville and ask around to see if some kind of date/time/venue has been reserved.

joanie

Thanks op, If you find out where and when it comes through Ohio, I might try to make a nice welcome sign for them. My guess would be N High St passing by OSU campus area.

Goodale Park might be a good meeting place, then walking up High St. If they even come into Ohio.